Monday, January 1, 2024

SANDY ROCHELLE

 



Speak

 

Every once in a while, you open your mouth as if to speak.

To abandon the silence that has been your companion.

Your unspoken words are wrapped in gold.

Your conjured verbs bathed in silk.

Speak and abandon your silence to an Egyptian tomb.

Hieroglyphics to be deciphered by some future species

Of unknown origin.

 

Always

 

The soul tells no lies.

It is absent of fingerprints.

Even a scarred soul has it's memories.

It lurks around every corner

And whispers dreams.

It is the caressing moment

Of unresolved love and forgotten grief.

The giver of insights and silent wisdom.

Of thoughts not spoken. -but understood.

The creator of all our unexpected wishes.

 

The Kindness Of Strangers

 

When you smile at me I am reassured.

Hold my hand and follow me.

I know where I am going.

I do not speak-but when you talk

I can read your lips.

When you learn even the smallest word

In sign language you make my day.

My hand and fingers are fast because

I am experienced.

Don't be afraid.

Try- it is easier than you think.

Look at all the things you do better

Then I.

But still I try.

 

 

SANDY ROCHELLE

 

SANDY ROCHELLE is an award-winning poet, narrator and actress.

Many of her poems are inspired by her son, David, who is autistic and deaf. He appears many times in her poems. Sandy is the recipient of the Autism Society of America's Literary achievement Award. And the World Peace Prayer Society Poetry Award. Publications include:  Dissident Voice, Wild Voice, Verse Virtual, Poetic Sun, Haiku Universe, Every Day Poet, Spillwords Press, Lothlorien Poetry Journal, Trouvaille Review, Ekphrastic Review, and others.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment