Monday, January 1, 2024

RICHARD DOIRON

 



Enigmatic

 

I continue to travel my many roads

on my road to everywhere and on my

destination to nowhere, knowing what

I know, which is a learning curve at

the very best of times.

 

I have walked in the desert and been

inside the darkness of both your mind

and my very own. I have seen the sun

on the clearest of days and also upon

the overriding of clouds.

 

In the goodness I have sought I have

often been immersed in the bad, and in

the bad I have encountered, I have often

unraveled and articulated the good.

 

"What is an enigma?" I asked my mother

when I was too young to dance with any

semblance of rhythm. My mother said

to stay on the floor and to keep dancing.

 

A World Of Difference

 

In a world

of misunderstanding

the spirit of giving may be

eyed with suspicion,

exuberance may be seen

as bravado, and vision

may be deemed as folly.

 

In a world

that understands,

the music will be heard,

the dance will be experienced,

the poetry will be read, and souls

will be stirred no end.

 

The world

of the former

is rife with shadows

and little of consequence

happens there,

while the world of the latter

is rife with sunshine,

the same reflected

in the eyes,

observed in the gait,

heard in the laughter.

 

The Blessing

 

I have not the words

to describe the rippling waters

wildly rushing over stones

older than the age.

 

I have not the words

to describe the ink man's blotters,

missed the mark to wear his bones

penned another page.

 

I have not the words

to describe an array of things

to wit precious Mother Earth,

heaven up above.

 

But I do have words

to describe that which beauty brings,

blessed for all that I am worth,

known prodigious love.

 

RICHARD DOIRON

 

RICHARD DOIRON: work in print 59 years; estimated 1000 poems published in some 200 anthologies, periodicals, personal books; author of novels, biographical works, essays, and lyricist. Graduate in journalism and Certified Lifeskills Coach; work read at the United Nations University for Peace, Costa Rica; published alongside a dozen Nobel Prize Winners by invitation, including the Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, and Desmond Tutu. Participant in local, national, and international literary festivals; 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award winner with World Poetry; 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award with Pentasi B World Friendship Poetry; 2017 nominated for "There is a Winner in You" Lifetime Achievement Award with ARTeryUSA, nominated by James Pasqual Bettio, former senator in the California Senior Legislature. 2019 named World Poet Laureate by the group Pentasi B World Friendship Poetry. Twice nominated for Governor-General's Award and the Griffin Poetry Prize. Nominated to the Order of New Brunswick, 2019. Nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, 2019.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment