Wednesday, March 1, 2023

DASHARATH NAIK

 


A Tussle

 

I'm 'me' without my sole stature,

And

To explore my 'self' in the 'mine'

I myself do wait for my unfailing last.

 

I'm in 'me’, yet don't recognize 'me'

And

I do find myself in void sans 'me'

As my world trembles in terror blast.

 

I'm within 'me' but missing myself

And

In absolute trauma my life shakes

My ship unexpectedly loses its mast.

 

I'm who I myself know not truly

And

My heart beats for 'me' and 'mine'

My 'me' in a motion terribly fast.

©® Dasharath Naik,India

 

The Wind In Me

 

The wind in me has stopped whistling

to boost my tired mind;

its caressing touch now tortures

like stings of bee

surprisingly.

 

Oblivious of its aura and aroma,

it has distracted mine

in the smile of darkness,

it moans and cries piteously

and like a mirror

reflects my dejected life

awfully.

 

With its loss of charm and charisma

groaning in utter pain

and in abyss of her absence

like a scarecrow

me stand alive but dead

soulfully.

©® Dasharath Naik,India

 

Woman

 

With drops of tear and blood

Drenched thoroughly,

Yet in dignity she lives.

 

Back bent with loads,

Broken plastics and bottles of joy

Fetches she empty-bellied,

Dragging her lotus feet

In the red-hot fire.

 

A rippling brook at times;

Sometimes a dove,

Brooding broken-heartedly,

On the branches of the old banyan tree.

 

The threshold

Never does she cross

For the Lakshmana Rekha.*

©® Dasharath Naik,India

 

*Lines of confinement drawn by Lakshmana, Ram's younger brother , for Sita's protection in the cottage during their absence, according to The Ramayan, the holy book of The Hindus.

 

DASHARATH NAIK

 

DASHARATH NAIK (DOB 23.06.1964) hails from Bijadihi in the district of Sundargarh, Odisha in India. Presently Reader (SS) in English, he has been serving at P.S. College, Bargaon since 1987. A student of English Literature, Sri Naik likes all the genres especially poetry. He himself writes for pleasure and Humanity is his main concern.


No comments :

Post a Comment