Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CHRISTY HOLLAND


CHRISTY HOLLAND
ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT

I set off on a walk among the trees.
With no destination and
no purpose.
The soulful morning doves
sang their torpid songs
to the bosom of the full moon
in her silver glory
Awakened
What they spoke
I do not know
for the moon had no answer for them
Treading the warm skin of the earth,
I had a thought
Of what it might be
To never be
And I wiped away a tear from my eye
Reflecting the beauty
bestowed upon me
I came upon a willow weeping
limp pendulums tasting the water
Stirring
Her white fingers searched the earth below for what she believed
was life
Was merely sustenance
I bent to the water
Swirling with milky phantoms
and spied my reflection
Seeing
Myself on a midnight walk
Searching
Among the birds and the trees
With the moon gazing down
Sheltering
My wonderment

CHRISTY HOLLAND




2 comments :

  1. That's fabulous, Christy. :) Hope you get more and ,ore of your poems published. You're fabulous at poetry (and from what I can tell at everything else). :)

    ReplyDelete