Wednesday, July 1, 2015

JUANITA GARCIA VERA


JUANITA GARCIA VERA
LIFE IS NEITHER BLACK NOR WHITE
Life is
Neither black nor white
It’s red with rage
And anger’s  breath
It’s red that steams
My vision blurred
So hot it boils
My blood so thick
Like a volcano
Exploding deep
Out of control
Without conceit
It’s blue
Like heaven
Like love
So true
A priceless piece
In hearts we keep
In oceans vast
My tears do mix


Beyond all fear
My vision cleared
My soul does sing
In orange deep
And umber brown
A time of reflection
And slowing down
In colors dark
In skies so glum
In frigid scenes
In winters calm
I lay asleep
While I await
The warmth
Of spring
Loving embrace
Of morning light
Lighting the place


So I can see
A big bouquet
Of Buttercups
Dancing gracefully
Before my eyes
While butterflies
Of vivid hues
Softly flutter
A  fragrant  breeze
At times, I think
God made my heart
So I could see HIM
In everything
My eyes can see
©JUANITA GARCIA VERA

No comments :

Post a Comment