Sunday, October 1, 2017

AGNIESZKA RUCZAJ


AGNIESZKA RUCZAJ

THE LOST SON

it was the middle of the night
or the middle of the day
I only remember
that it was dark

I was afraid of
looking into Your eyes
You had explained to me
how should I live
I did not manage

I came to You
with my head down
I was expecting a punishment

You hugged me






THE VICTORY
Dedicated To Prof. I. K., Prof. M. T.

some martyrs
have not lost their lives
but they are passed by
with sneering

they do not have things
they should have
they are told
to be worse

but they
can still see
the real values

but they
still believe
that it all makes sense

because
if they are able
to rescue
even one person

they will win






FREEDOM

how many times
have you been embarrassed
to be yourself
and you have said
I am sorry
I will not do it again

how many times
have you fallen silent
ashamed with
your own words
which throught
unwanted truth

how many times
have you followed the crowd
looking at the aim
the real aim
which was receding

how many times
have you limited your freedom
you
free human

AGNIESZKA RUCZAJ

AGNIESZKA RUCZAJ is from Poland. Her mother language is Polish. She lives in Białystok in Poland where she studies at the Medical University. She writes poems because it let her express thoughts and feelings.





No comments :

Post a Comment