Sunday, October 1, 2017

BRANKA VOJINOVIĆ-JEGDIĆ (MONTENEGRO)


BRANKA VOJINOVIĆ JEGDIĆ

WAITING FOR THE MORNING

An abandoned building
with a rotten roof
has become now
my sweet home
the dome of my dreams
collapsed forever
like never, my life is in ruins
and lost its dignity and gleam.

Our old, frosted bones
we heat by the fire
the bottle circles,
forgive me my Lord,
each man has his story
speaking of misery
for bitterness is too late
we are faced with such a bad  fate.

Without own shelter
in brotherhood of
these homeless men
hungry and almost bare
mist creeps into our hair
without job and hopeck
the morning brings us
a street washing truck.

TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH: ĐURĐA VUKELIĆ ROŽIĆ, (CROATIA)
The Aquillrelle Wall of Poetry, book five, members anthology 2015





I CONFESS

The Lord called me to the last confession
In front of him I stand humble, and my eyes shine,
I know which door is opens for me
I never allowed fear to shout up.

The bill expires for all the failures
And the cries that nobody ever heard,
With tightened teeth, I order to the voice
Not to sing the song with a desperate scream.

Do you know, unfotunate - he told me sharply,
Meekness is your weaker side,
To rebel - that was more important to you
And you also have a lot of other faults.

As far as I was just tempting you
And you sowed that seeds of defiance
To repent - countless opportunities I gave you
But your choice was to treading thorns barefoot.

Forgive me, God, here I confess
All the sins I never commited
For a proud walk I'll never repent
And never for the goblet of delusions that I drank.

TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH: DAJANA LAZAREVIĆ (SERBIA)
COLLECTION ,,DŽP-digital IV“ 2017 (Čačak, Serbia)






ONE ORDINARY DAY

She doesn't care anymore,
For the meaning of the words,
They don't hurt her,
They don't mean anything to her,
She's hunting threats with defiance
Breaks them into pieces,
She's not afraid
Of their shards,
She greats them mockingly,
She laughs ironically
And looks indifferently
A very ordinary day,
A little rain,
A winter day without snow
So good
It can't be spoiled
Its whiteness,
Doesn't t listen to pathetics,
Doesn't like dramas,
Everything was said,
Everything has become a habit
Hatred is spread in air,
We are breathing it deeply
It says easily:
Come on, move your finger
On your favorite toy
Finish what you started.

TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH: DAJANA LAZAREVIĆ (SERBIA)
COLLECTION ,,DŽP-digital IV“ 2017 (Čačak, Serbia)

BRANKA VOJINOVIĆ-JEGDIĆ (MONTENEGRO)

BRANKA VOJNOVIĆ - JEGDIĆ was born in 1962. in Pljevlja. She lives in Podgorica, Montenegro. She writes poetry, prose, poetry for children, haiku poetry, satire, book reviews and collects folk proverbs.  She has received several awards for her work and has been presented in many magazines, joint collections, almanacs, panoramas and on the Internet, anthologies in Montenegro and abroad. She has published a book of poetry I tamo me ima (I am there, as well). Her second book  Ostajem u pjesmi (I will remain in the poem) is at the printers.  She collected and edited Pisma balkanskih žena (Letters by Balkan Women), poetry, 2015. She is a member of several literary clubs. A member of the Association of Writers of Montenegro, is an ambassador for haiku poetry from Montenegro, at the United Tanka and Haiku Society, USA, the largest international haiku association in the USA, thus informing the public about the haiku news in the Montenegro as well as among top 100 European haiku poets, by Krzystoff Kokot from Poland.


No comments :

Post a Comment