Saturday, August 1, 2020

IULIA GHERGHEI


IULIA GHERGHEI

An Imaginary Friend

An imaginary friend?
No, I don't think I had one
The pattern on the curtains scared me though
Rows and rows of monsters perfectly aligned
Waiting for my moment of weakness

Later, the very same curtain will become my princess veil in my daydream play
The monsters got forgotten
But still perfectly lined up


The mirror was my friend by now
There I found my safe place
A dance, a swirl, another pirouet
There I could split up the sad me from
the scared me
Danger lurks in the curtains' folds


A dance, a pirouet, the news about the death of my mother
The news that she was my real mother
The mirror was my single true friend now
Another pirouet and again one more

A perfect swirl
Wings grow on my shoulders
One fluffy stretch and I am next to her
To guide her through the mirrors









Up In Mid Air

Mid April air
Mid April lilac blossoms
Magnolias, pink and fluffy
And chirping songs so vibrant

Trees dancing on the breeze
A promise growing in every soul that breaths
And dreams, oh, how many dreams
Of love and bliss

Mid April air
Enchanted people craving for a fresh start
Hold on to your positions for still another month









Ashes On Waters

Death smells like the sanitizer
The corridors are full of choking people
Choking and coughing

We all are wearing masks
Masks that are pretty much useless
Death is at a sneeze away

They rain down on us hypochlorite compounds
The sanitizer drips from the door knobs
We all wear masks
A carnival should start soon
Death spreads ashes on the waters


IULIA GHERGHEI


IULIA GHERGHEI, Romanian poet of English expression, graduated from University of Bucharest as information technology expert, has published her first poetry collection in 2012 at blurb.com. Prisoners of Cinema Paradiso was edited by Brian Wrixon. She mainly publish her poems on Facebook. She was also published in many e-zines or poetry sites like Destiny Poets, where she received the honour to be chosen Poet of the year in 2012. In 2015 she won the poetry contest of the Blackwater Poetry group on Facebook. She was part of many anthologies, one of them being The Significant Anthology, anthology edited by Koshy A V and Reena Prasad. În 2020 some of her poems were translated in Turkish by Baki Yiğit in several Turkish literary magazines.

No comments :

Post a Comment