Saturday, August 1, 2015

CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU


CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU


LAPIS LAZAU

Come here!
Yes, now all of a sudden!
Sit here in front of me!
Don't move!
Look what I've got!
Do you see my magical stone?
As if it came straight out
of the Arabian Nights

Deep opaque blue
with golden inclusions
like stars that shine
in the dark sky
Kings jewel
in Persia and Egypt
a gem inspires for centuries
a stone with a fabulous history

Harmony's and friendship's symbol
the stone of truth
It helps the bearer
to be authentic
and to declare
his opinion openly
It often oxidized
but doesn't matter
turns into a gray
completely insignificant
and its glow goes away
but look how I
polished it gently
it shines again
each of its molecules shimmers

They say and I felt it
that it exhales a fragrance
as you erase by cutting
its small edges and scratches
if you are an experienced cutter
you can say
as strong is its aroma
the more intense is
its azure color

Come in front of me
I have a myriad reasons
to become
your healer tonight
I will rub it
over your head
and pass it upon your heart
and with a gold chain
I will make you wear it
I will hang it
over your chest
whispering the right spell
and I am sure
that it will bring you back
the courage that you need
to shine the light
I know that is hiding
inside your dazzling being

So you will be yourself
and no one else
Nobody will be able
your Sun to shade
You won't be afraid
your inner blue river
to unleash


DEDICATED TO THE GREEK PEOPLE I LOVE
TOP OF FORM

Chryssa Velissariou

No comments :

Post a Comment