Saturday, August 1, 2015

GIUSEPPE ALBERO


GIUSEPPE
ALBERO

SHE SAID SHE WOULD TRAVEL TO KATHMANDU WITH ME

She said she would travel to Kathmandu with me,
The young Indian lady about twenty three.
It sounded like a dream come true I must admit,
After all I'm an old and useless misfit.
But then I thought about the implications,
I had already had some indications,
Pointing to her laying for me a crafty trap
Around her finger poor me to tightly wrap.
I said, "If you did, what would your parents do?"
Laughing she said, "They'd be so upset with you."
The fire was burning producing thick smoke
Even so what she'd just said was not a joke.
I said, "The'll go to the police to report
The abduction of their daughter by a foreign sport."
"Yes," she said with such a sweet enticing smile.
I said, "And we'd be caught after a short while."
"Yes," she said, pleased to see that I understood
The way to sort it out in her neighborhood.
Okay, I'm an old adventurous fool,
But her eloping plan didn't sound so cool.
"I'd be in a lot of trouble then, what d'you say?"
And her sweet smile quickly faded away.
I'm happy now if she stays away from me
The sweet Indian lady about twenty three


Giuseppe Albero

No comments :

Post a Comment