Sunday, January 1, 2017

SUSAN JOYNER-STUMPF

SUSAN
JOYNER-STUMPF

SOUL’S RELEASE

You will know of truths
They scrape your cells
You will feel the whir,
The adagio of their tailwind,
Touching you like a
Myriad of pearled feathers
Ancient whispers
Awakened noumenon
Fabric opening of cognition
Sanguine moments, stilled
Rippling time a voluble blip
In your restive heart-star
Winking at the semi-darkness
Candle on the ocean’s scar
Thoughts ~ ~ … life forms
Of their own massed holograph,
Kaleidoscopic orbs
Re-circling the vacuum of
What once was of cranial dust
Now transcendent-luminous
Echelon of Earth’s God-stroked genesis
Fingering of divine tracing beam
That then became inculcated Sapien
In those ruminate clouds where
Slipstream dreams are swallowed
A greater force is recognized,
Finds its collided deluge
Its then-fling with death’s tiny surprise
A taste that immortality seizes from a ‘high!
Passion’s aurorean gate, amber-ridden bliss
The folds that cupped my mortal sting
Are now my Soul’s Release.

Copyright ©
Susan Joyner-Stumpf®




DARWIN’S KISS

There are portals in my eyes
Can you enter?
First you must align your resonance
Remember Helios
Thunder swallowed in the sublime abyss
Your mortal cry a blip in a deaf star’s ear
You are fluttering between bone and hieroglyphics
When Saturn’s Rings were babies
Now love is not just around you
It emanates from inside you, peering out
With the infant grasp of virgin touch
As though left imploded from Darwin’s kiss
Touching quasi-darkness-people who
Have lost their empyrean eyes
It’s now your divinity to save them
To heal the wounded child, within
Listen to its abysmal cries
Be a mortar in the crumbling brick, that
Edifice once sadder than frozen space
Unlock Geometry from its spacial residence
Release those who clung to your robes
For it is they who forgot to love your Soul
Walk with me now this celestial road
Paved with memories you don’t yet have
Wings in your pocket have grown dusty and cold
Don’t look back at youth’s frivolous atmosphere
It is a fire you can’t afford
Feel the shift on the cusp of Thor’s wind:

We are infinity beginning all over again!

Copyright
©Susan Joyner-Stumpf®





FALL AWAY FROM ME

Fall away from me
But not too far
(Not forever)
Come back with a wolf’s lament
Planted gossamer on your heartstrings
Let his silver muzzle become your lips
Let a sunrise form on your smile
Re-birthing new star systems that once
Were just mere thoughts in a cosmic reverie
Don’t stay too long
But come back
Quenched from your sojourn
To embrace me, not with mortal arms
But your kaleidoscopic essence
Sweetly let it sing to my loneliness
That longed so achingly for it
Rush through me like Aphrodite’s breath
In search of her estranged lover
Usurping quantum-aeons to find him
Her azure eyes blinking him back
Into finite reminiscence
Envelope me like a wind’s inevitable
Tsunami, seeking the axis of
Its umbilical storm
Pinnacle surge to Alpha-revelations.

Fall away from me
That we may drift eternally
Inside God’s proud eye.

Copyright ©2014

SUSAN
JOYNER-STUMPF®


My name is SUSAN JOYNER-STUMPF.  Originally from New Orleans, I now call the Colorado Rockies my home with my husband and menagerie of animal friends.  I have been writing since the age of seven.  It started off as an escape mechanism for me, as I was suffering from Childhood abuse.  After a while, it became a passion and after 32 published books thus far and still going, and appearing in over 12 Anthologies, the rest is history.

I own my own Publishing Company called WILDFIRE PUBLICATIONS.  I am starting my own radio show called RHYTHM AND MUSE INTERVIEWS.  I have many projects happening all at the same time.  Keeps me out of trouble.

I am considered a Free Verse, Stream-of-Consciousness Style Poet.  Though I also write both Fiction and Non-Fiction Short Stories, Novels, Novellas, Prose and songs, I am most focused as a Poet.  With a writing career spanning over 50 years, it’s been a life-long journey of pleasure and pain into that great Unknown.  I write to help myself and others heal.  I can only hope I’ve helped YOU find oneness too in this world of bits and pieces.

58 comments :

  1. I love your poetry... facebook will not let me share..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb for your support

      Delete
    2. Susan, You had me at "SOULS'S RELEASE" Wowed me with "DARWIN'S KISS", and left me deeply enamored with "FALL AWAY FROM ME" I absolutely loved all three of your poems, but then again, I love all of your works which are beautifully laced with hints of Greek mythology.The flow of your scribe... is quite ethereal and deeply emotive.

      -Prince A. McNally

      Delete
    3. I loved the first one with yr amazing kaldeiscope orb imagery and it makes me think of Lucy in the sky .the one about the adagio for strings is a fav piece of music called adagio for strings it was used in the movie platoon it haunts yr words resonant like that film did and I remain looking for more

      Delete
  2. Elegance and creativity are the most beautiful ingredients of your poetry dear Author Susan Joyner-Stumpf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great writer I enjoy all you poems and short stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Susan dear! I got say this amazing and wonderful! I love the style and your pure words! Well done!! Keep it up!💓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to tag you on some simpler poems, I don't always use those big words, thank you anyway for the support Faith you are so sweet to do that for me

      Delete
  5. I'm overwhelmed (in a good way, of course) with the marvelous imagery and emotive language in these pieces. As is so often true in the poetry of Susan Joyner-Stumpf, one is brought from the land of the mundane and common and transported to a world where color, passion, pain, darkness, love and sorrow all blend together into a whirlwind of crashing emotion and vision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kenneth for your awesome feedback, love and support, which means the world to me as I'm a big Fan of yours and it's like a Rockstar liking some that I did, hehehe ... Thanks for the kindness you have shown me....

      Delete
  6. I love your work it is so awesome the three poems you have shared are so great you show unique and amazing talent, you always surprise me and keep my interest on any and all subject matter you write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy, you have been a loyal supporter for many years of me and my work; your opinion is valued very much in the poetic circles and I'm glad I have your approval, means the world to me.

      Delete
  7. Susan, your poetry never fails to amaze me. Your choice of words paints such vivid, thought provoking images. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte for all your kindness and support, much love

      Delete
  8. Wooowww, such amazing poetry. Susan is truly queen of her words. The expressions and phases used in the above three poems are more than sensational, and honestly made feel i was on a journey into another world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, your response has me on a journey into another dimension ... thank you for your precious friendship
      which I cherish over the year.

      Delete
  9. Susan is Non-stop with her passion for the written word. Magic, and whispers of Greek Mythology. Bringing joy, pain, and the Universe together in her work. She's a "Dreamer". Yet, her human feet remain grounded as she works hard for those dreams to come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this exquisite and in-depth feedback .... it's truly appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Time and again your poetry reaches the depths and heights of feelings and emotions ❣ A journey each time❣ must buy your books❣❣ to read by the ocean ☄☄ Thank you so much ❣❣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances for your loving support .... as always your kindness I cherish very deeply and sincerely .... you are just amazing to me and i'd love to hear you narrate some of your own works.

      Delete
  11. Your Poems are simply superb.. It is a pleasure to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolly as i admire you, this feedback coming from you only makes me want to strive that much harder to please you.

      Delete
  12. Ever since I first read your poem 3 years ago, I started following you. Just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Navdeep, you are full of multi-talents, I look up to you and revel in our friendship.

      Delete
  13. Such awesome poetry a pleasure to read wanting morexxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another follower/supporter who has been with me for a couple of years now my cheerleader in the back ground always cheering me on, encouraging me to dive even deeper ... thank you Sandra love you so much

      Delete
  14. Absolutely beautiful writes, But then your work is always a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob; I cherish our special friendship; we have much in common and I admire your works too and feel blessed we met along the cyber highway ...

      Delete
  15. Author Susan Joyner-Stumpf, thank you for gracing us with your heart, mind and soul through your poetic thought. Your friend and colleague, Pittsburgh Author: Renee' Drummond-Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your effortless strength, your role-model stance and the fearless conviction in your words .... you are strong and I look up to you and i'm very proud of all your accomplishments. You are one to follow so the rest of us can learn.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what happened here Barb; i surely never removed it lol

      Delete
  17. Keep up the good work Susan, really great! Thanks for sharing

    ...easy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wonderful poetry is always warning to the heart and serve to inspire and motivate many people around the world; please keep your amazing ink flowing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carlton truly appreciate the feedback

      Delete
  19. When I read the words of this true poet, my soul is touched in a way very few could imagine. The wisdom and beauty of Susan's insight into life reaches realms rarely recognized by many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janette appreciate you and love you too

      Delete
  20. All three poems are amazingly penned. I found Soul´s release to be so profound and insightful that I felt transported to another dimension. I loved the awesome imagery in the Darwin´s Kiss and ´Fall away from me´. Beautiful! It's always a sheer pleasure to read your poetry, dear Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your work Susan, excellent work and a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Susan, I removed my first comment, because there was a typo in it and for some reason there was no way to edit it once it was published. I thought each of these was beautiful and full of images that showed the emotions you were writing about. I especially loved the first one because of the first two lines. That image: "...They scrape your cells...." engaged me right away. Such a visceral image and so unique. I think that is what I like best about your work. You tell the truth with explicit images. Your words and the flow of your poems kept me reading. Excellent poetry my dear friend!! I will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb for your wonderful feedback, much appreciated sweet friend

      Delete
  23. Susan’s poetry is unique in that it draws the reader into the depths of her soul, and as one wanders through its open chambers, one encounters the passion, the love, the sincerity and emotions which translate themselves into words in her writings.
    One could never tire of this soul, since its force is nourishing and its light embracing to the extent that one feels renewed, replenished and comforted by its very essence.
    Susan’s soul has been touched by the divine. This becomes evident as one reads through her writings, as one enounces the words – they leave a lingering taste of the eternal on the lips, and thus one thirsts for more.
    Thank you for inviting me in, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nothing to say. Your feedback has left me in tears, James. I hope I am worthy of such praise as you give; your friendship means a lot to me .... to think you could feel this way puts pressure on me, lol, to continue to be who you THINK I AM, lol. I will strive to make you proud my friend. Love you James.

      Delete
    2. You are who you are, Susan. You should never feel any pressure. You don't have to strive. at least to reach the impossible goals that you have already reached. Don't you realize the beauty and profundity of your works? I think it is high time you did. Don't you see what opportunities you offer to others? I think it is also high time you did. I love you for who you are, and I love you for breaking boundaries, and showing that others are capable of doing the same. You are exceptional in your writing, in your choice of words,in your portrayal of human essence, in the display of your very soul.

      Delete
  24. I think that I have read no poet whose work I enjoy more than Susan's. It is witty, emotional, joyous, and often so compelling that I have to back away for minutes to dry my tears. She is one of, if not the best, that I have read on these forums. I love her, from one port to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Keats (I know you, you told the pen name you are using)... my admiration for you dives as deep as Oceans will allow. You are a throwback from the greats. You have brought them back to life in this Century for those unfamiliar with the works of the Classics and who could ever thank a poet enough for that? I admire you with full intent, Keats, you are powerful with pen and Golden.

      Delete
  25. Susan, Soul's Release speaks so directly to me--and reminds me of the feeling, subtle yet profound, of truth making itself known. It's something I need to remember and you've made the memory of it a beautiful gift. Darwin's Kiss I know I'll come back to in a quiet moment, and Fall Away from Me is just the essence of transcendental love. Amazing. Thank you for sharing your talents. Belinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda Thank you so much; from someone who knows me BETTER THAN anyone on FB because we were in high school together, this means a lot. Thank you sweetie.

      Delete
  26. I can feel yr style coming thru as u mentioned it resembles a stream of consciousness and I am not even in the same league as yours Susan but u have been writing so much more than I so maybe after 30 years maybe ,I love these let me read over the last one again as I try to give honest but constructive feedback

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff that's what I love about you; you are honest and I think if you really needed to help someone by telling them gently what they could have done differently with a poem to make it better, you would do it with kindness and be genuine in your delivery. Stop talking about leagues and stuff. As far as I'm concerned, me and my fellow writers are not BETTER OR LESSER THAN. We are ALL on the same EQUAL PLAYING FIELD, WE EACH have our own individual and unique form of expression and our own voice which makes diversity a beautiful thing. If we all wrote the same and in the same vein, how boring and monotonous would that be? I'm glad we are all different, we get to taste the whim, flair and profoundness of someone's voice who's a tenor instead of a Baritone and that makes it all the more interesting.

      Delete
  27. You certainly know how to turn a phrase insuring it is fresh and far from cliché. I so love the imagery found in each write, Susan. Each letter was a stitch used in the rendering of a beautiful composition. Bravo! (for some reason I was unable to enter under my name - Sam DeLoach, so I am now anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Susan, Still enjoying your work. You poetry and stories are always wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete