Tuesday, September 1, 2026

ANDREW SCOTT

 



 

Not Seeing Me

 

Looking in a cracked mirror

that gives reflection of what is supposed to be.

The one thing is missing from my sight

as I look, I am not seeing me.

 

My eyes are darkened and tired,

barely able to keep them open

to all around me.

 

See that my skin is breaking out

with a swollen, blistering rage

that is becoming an infection.

Where is the slight smile?

 

Not seeing clear thoughts

and tired anger

is taking away the positive

to where waking is a negative start.

 

My body is slouched over,

the confidence is struggling.

 

Breathing in, I stare

at the person I am looking at

in the cracked mirror.

The person who is not me.

November 20, 2015

© Andrew Scott – Just a Maritime Boy 2015 

 

The Devil's Disguise

 

His true face is covered so we cannot see

the person who is really underneath the skin.

Behind closed doors is the only time

the disguise gets peeled away.

 

The people outside of the den

see a humble person

one that understands

and is giving of one's self.

A person who cares about others.

 

Once the door closes

the true self gets to show

after the exhausting play

given to draw and entertain others.

 

The controlling venom seeps out,

bringing accepted fear

to all caught behind the door

so they can do the bidding

of a person that does not care

but only for themselves.

 

Smiles as pain is inflicted

that is accepted in the outside world.

Behind the walls the blood boils

with the pleasure of the controlling

that, to them, needs to be done

so the kind, timid person

can be invented for the outside world,

the place where the devil can wear the disguise.

November 8, 2015

© Andrew Scott - Just a Maritime Boy 2015 

 

To Save Myself

 

With pure guilt and sadness

I had to turn and walk away.

To try to forget the pain given.

 

I have watched the destruction

for many years now.

So emotionally tiring.

Seeing the self-inflicted horror

that you have chosen

to put yourself and others through.

 

We have been begging for you to stop

and you still walk to destruction,

followed by a weakened soul

that has been given sleepless nights

to those of us that care.

 

It has made us older

than the actual age we are.

The constant worry of the unknown

or the late-night saving phone call,

even if it never arrives.

 

I must walk away from it.

The stress is making my nerves

and skin completely jumpy.

I feel like I am dying,

my spirit is becoming so frail

so, I must go from your life now

so, I can save myself.

 

October 20, 2015

© Andrew Scott – Just a Maritime Boy 2015

 

ANDREW SCOTT

 

ANDREW SCOTT is a native of Fredericton, NB. During his time as an active poet, Andrew Scott has taken the time to speak in front of classrooms, judge poetry competitions, and have over 200 hundred writings published worldwide in such publications as The Art of Being Human, Battered Shadows and The Broken Ones. Andrew Scott has published multiple poetry books, Snake with A Flower, The Phoenix Has Risen, The Path, The Storm Is Coming, Whispers of the Calm, Searching, Letter To You and The Road Unknown, a novella, Redemption Avenue and two books of photography, Through My Eyes and Walk Through Time. The Story Of Me is Andrew Scott’s newest collection of poetry and prose.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment