Tuesday, September 1, 2026

NİLÜFER UÇAR

 


 

Humans Are Fooled By Themselves 

 

if words find a way, how a terrible passion speaking is

the coolness that the world has forgotten blooms

the deferred hopes sprout and time stands still

 

oh! the inconsistent dreams holding on to the unknown

assume that it is a chaotic life reflected, still 

yes, remember happily, still, its white voice

and the imaginary joy of the black-and-white photographs

 

the life assurance I leaned on

turned out to be the storm valley

I was quickly fooled and understood it late / I was on the verge of falling

I kept silent for a long time / I did not pay the price

 

I gathered the messy hair of the incomplete happiness

I looked for a god in the nook of my mind

yes, maybe what I was looking for was him, maybe my own essence

I returned to the time when I took a breath

 

I held on to the surrender of the water / as the world turns 

I was helpless as if I had made all the mistakes

I was more guilty than a thief hiding the joy

 

I left my love like that how I had left my childhood

it was the origin of a teaching inside me / I could not give up

o desire, I will not say / I turned my face to myself

humans are fooled by themselves / I understood late

 

Translated By Baki Yiğit

 

The Situations In The Lifetime

 

the frozen hands of endurance

pays court to the forelock of nature

may the hod carrier of lifetime that links winter to summer

not touch the showcase of my fragile tongue

 

my limitlessness whose absence I face

and my unregretful childhood

and the silent storm of my sinless soul scream into

the night whose lifetime ends

 

the poems that the costless smiles were dropped in touch

the heartache with their fine tongues

the victory of the flawless fire in the single heart is love

the longing in love with its flame does not melt lead

 

if the non-rasped pain of the torn-faced life

remained estranged from its origin in the darkness of my inside

the whitish dawn of the mischievous blindness, keep the change

may the antidotal loves of

the morning smells like geraniums

o the flawed situations in my lifetime, calm down

 

Translated By Baki Yiğit

 

NILÜFER UÇAR

 

NILÜFER UÇAR was born in Malatya, Turkey. She graduated from Malatya Girls’ Primary Teachers’ School and obtained an associate degree at the Open Education Faculty. She worked as a primary school teacher at different schools for many years. Her paintings were shown in group exhibitions. Her poems, stories and essays have been and are being published in many magazines. Her poem titled “The ‘I’ Test” won the second prize in the 11th Yunus Emre Poetry Competition in 2019. She was awarded third place for her poem titled “Ah Vagrant World” in the AABF Culture and Art Board-UNESCO Hacı Bektaş-ı Veli and Yunus Emre Art Competition in Germany in 2021. Her collections of proses: Sözcüklerin Dili (The Language of Words), Dilini Yüreğine Göm (Bury Your Language in Your Heart). Her collections of poetry: ‘Ben’ Sınavı (The ‘I’ Test), Nilüfer Mevsimi (The Lotus Season), Kırılgan Su (The Fragile Water), Sonsuzla Yüzleşme (Confronting the Infinite). Her children’s book: Kırmızı İbik (The Red Comb), Karınca Toti (Ant Toti), Afacan Kunduz (The Mischievous Beaver).

 

Translated By Baki Yiğit

                                                 ***

                   

 


No comments :

Post a Comment