Monday, February 1, 2016

JUANITA GARCIA VERA


JUANITA GARCIA VERA


AUTUMN LEAVES
I ran barefoot
On the meadows green
Laughing without end
On the warm black earth
Dirt between my toes
On the sandy beach
Salt beneath my feet
In the rivers cold
And the oceans warm
On hills large
And small
At the end
Of day
Had an open heart
And
A soul full throttle
Ran until my time
Then
I softly   walked
Like a melody
Floated in mid breeze
Like the leaves
Of autumn
Falling by the road
I again returned
To the meadows green
And the warm black earth
Flying by the beach
And above swift rivers
Floated over oceans deep
I soared beyond hills
Large and small
I n HIS name I did
Because my soul
Had wings


FOREVER AFTER
I close my eyes
To yesterday
And all the tears
I’ve cried
The vows we took
Were empty words
Promises that died
In dreams we lived
A fairytale
But not forever after
The picket fence
No longer there
The garden overgrown
The grass was always ever green
The days we lived to sow
Your kiss so sweet
Like honeybees
With lies you took
Each part of me
I try to drink
The loneliness
One glass at a time
But never fill the emptiness
At close of endless night
I see your face in everyplace
The waves forever flow
Tonight once more,
I’ll cast your memory
Into the wave of loneliness
Into the sea of dreams
I sail from bay of sorrow
Into a new tomorrow

©
JUANITA GARCIA VERA

No comments :

Post a Comment