Friday, December 1, 2017

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA


ANN CHRISTINE   TABAKA

COMFY SLIPPERS

You fit me like a pair of old worn slippers
Soft, warm, comfortable
You mold to my shape and conform to my mood
When I am feeling lonely
You caress me
Even your frayed edges have a familiar feel
They are part of your charm
Each wear mark holds a memory
A special place in my heart
Each stain tells a story
Of our time together
You are always there when I need you
To make me feel secure
I would be lost without you





MY UNIVERSE

You are the moon at night
As you light up my way
You are the blazing sun
Giving warmth to my day

The beauty of the stars
Sparkle in your eyes
You are my universe
As boundless as the skies

You are the vast oceans
Filled with unending love
You are the earth beneath me
And the firmament above

You are everything
That I could ever wish for
You rival the cosmos
It is you I adore





THE MOON WORE A ROSE

She wore a red dress
That fit like an embrace
It draped about her
And flowed with grace

Ebony hair cascaded
Over her shoulder bare
Her skin porcelain white
A flower most fair

The light she emitted
Was as soft as a kiss
Evening surrounded her
With shades of bliss

She walked on air
As if in a dream
Stars sparkled about her
She was all agleam

I held the red rose
Up to the moonlight
And it did dress her
In splendid delight

One perfect night
Of light and shadows
I will always remember
When the moon wore a rose

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA lives in Delaware, USA.  She is a published poet and artist. She loves gardening and cooking.  Chris lives with her husband and two cats.  Her most recent credits are The Paragon Journal, The Literary Hatchet, The Metaworker, Raven Cage Ezine, RavensPerch, Anapest Journal, Mused, Apricity Magazine, Longshot Island, Indiana Voice Journal, Halcyon Days Magazine, The Society of Classical Poets, and BSU’s Celestial Musings Anthology.


No comments :

Post a Comment