Friday, December 1, 2017

MARIAN EIKELHOF


MARIAN EIKELHOF

BELLA AND THE BEAST

Between me and my death
there is not anything
but you baby
your hot breath
awakes my heartand poetry
besides these aspects
and plenty of pleasures
which I prefer to keep them a secret
to keep this poem civilized
I would surely be vegetative
a sleeping princess
in the lap of infinity
completely knock out
unconscious and
literally paralyzed.






THE TRUTH

My heart goes slow, so slow, but when it loves, it really does.

I must admit the wind whispers your name
I hide my sadness
escaping into silence
but from dawn till night
I breath you
you enter me
and leave me
get inside of me
and go
yet even you
yourself
can’t stop me
from loving you
for as a matter of fact
actually
I do.






ON A HOT SUMMER’S DAY

On a hot summer's day I fell in love
In an endless void,
wandering between garbage and memory,
I go out and look for you.

With the eyes of my imagination
I can see you all so clearly now
bright
and featherlight
as is my love
as were my heart
it never
ever
separated
from yours.

MARIAN EIKELHOF

MARIAN EIKELHOF is a poet who works in her daily life as a psychologist leading her own consultancy firm, named Psychologisch Adviesbureau Ariadne.  Her work inspires her to write about the emotional aspects of existence. Not only she describes feelings of love, intimacy and desire, but also about a state of profound sadness and she criticizes dehumanisation. Marian has recently published the second edition of her collection of poems titled “een nulurencontract met het leven” and is about to publish an English collection of poems titled “a contract of zero hours with life”. She visited poetry festivals in Cuba to defend peace and she has published poems in literary magazines like PTYX (Peru) and in the anthology “Salt boundaries”, edited by Malak S. Soufi. Recently Marian participated in a poetry event called “Sotto il cielo di luglio”in Anzio, Italy. Marian is active furthermore active in defending human rights with a special emphasis on the empowerment of women internationally. To focus on the peace process with other poets she is continental director of Europe in the World Festival of Poetry.


1 comment :

  1. This is such simply written stuff, its unbelievable. Just goes to show that anything can become popular if you know the right people in the right places... Love or sex-focusing also helps... women seem to be confined to selling the erotic even more now in 2018. Instead of going forward, we are going backwards...

    ReplyDelete