Friday, March 1, 2024

ERSOY ECE

 



Iron Burden

 

every sunrise, my eyes give birth to nested purple circles…

birth leaves death,

ship leaves the port; children of shore stay; pebbles in their hands

 

this much pain was not in vain...

as no stone remains stacked in the floodwaters of mine

as the moonlight attacks with all its coldness

wind, damp and dew

the names of the earth and the people I shall count to the false witnesses, 

by the tongue of the water buried in blood

 

I am the nameless land born from other realms, 

the voice of the last leaf that fell from a tree,

 

the grain separated from its shell in the mill,

the buckwheat of the morning, east of my face

this much pain was not in vain...

 

from the despised roofs they come flying,

birds with their sparks hidden in their wings, sounds, breaks all the salt

separates from blood, from secret 

 

Thread Of Light

 

god's unseen whip on all lands,

rebellion between earth and sky, a roar.

 

the abyss calling with His voice,

I saw it hear,

no one knows, O’   

pleading eyes,

longing to die at once

 

Charon, let us cross from border cities, thread of light that is Sun’s

before, with its dreadful sound, the horn wakes  

let us cross with a thousand -flaming- lights

without falling from all life's tongues.

Victory Of Rose

 

my weary eyes overflowed: the Nile wept me

I hung my lungs on the trees: the leaves spoke me

women's dreams died: I died in women's dreams 

-we were- the seed sprouted in the earth

we were not ashen and alone

nisa and nesai: praise be to their names

rise up! for the love of the phoenix, cross the far and near paths

for those who hear not and for those who keep silent

hear and call out!

 

my hands, a handkerchief for the bloody tears of the children

I speak and will speak, crossing country borders

with possibilities of the spathe-flower...

 

words sharper than sword are mine

in the footsteps of those who have gone

the beginning I am, the world inside me

your face and mine, is the arrival of springtime

reborn in the green shall be the scream

I voice, with my dreams in which I wish for pigeons from the atlas of roses,

without looking back

I will milk the pain from the breasts of women

 

dead children do not grow,

without speaking with god, 

I will raise the children with sunny smiles

I will choose three songs,

I will shoot the state-approved massacres in the temples,

pass through the whipped cities,

without looking back

with the victory of the rose in their hand, 

as everyone returns to their street

 

ERSOY ECE

 

ERSOY ECE: She was born in Ankara, in 1972. She graduated from Anadolu University, Department of Public Relations. Currently she is a student at Anadolu University, Department of Business Administration and lives in Ankara. Her poems were published in the magazines Guney, Suje, Ekin Sanat, Mor Taka. She has a poetry book, named Kizilgerdan (Robin).


No comments :

Post a Comment