Friday, March 1, 2024

SANTOSH KUMAR POKHAREL

 



Sky

 

You have come,

You will go

Your entity will perish here,

Nothing of you will remain

For you, to show.

 

You are all free here

Then you are spry

Freedom needs sacrifice

Which you won't decry.

 

You will then be nowhere

But in the sky.

It's your only abode

After you die.

 

A Poet's Freedom

 

Sometimes and somewhere

I feel that I am felt

And oft in other places

I am not even spelt.

I never mind that you do

For reading me I owe to you.

I owe, to you!

 

I knew in the hearts of many I dwelt

At times my rhymes their hearts melt

and I am sure they won't any stones, pelt

on my head

In case I get misled

by humdrum thoughts mundane

That shouldn't be anyway insane.

 

But a creator can his writing quit

And take refuge and peace pursuit

Turn mute as silence may pour

My days, nights, and hours

This will my soul beautify

Then I won't be that shy.

 

That much freedom, for myself

I do deserve,

And the majority of humans serve.

 

Freedom

(Of yourself you won't say)

        

You may be all sad

And sad you may stay

But of your sorrows

You won't a word say

To others,

That others bothers,

In one or the other way.

I know I shouldn't press you

As, of yourself

You won't anything say.

 

Of others,

You will talk all the day

Think through nights long

You heed them pay,

In the early mornings

You dedicate poems to those

Who weren't close in any way

To you.

And you anew

Their image in your mind

Who remained to you

Mostly always unkind.

Yes these are but poets

Or who else, in this world,

Is this easy to find?

Who by hearts speak first,

than their minds.

 

With kindness to others

You shall stay!

And with a Poet in real

Encounter you may.

Under the blue you, someday!

 

SANTOSH KUMAR POKHAREL

 

SANTOSH KUMAR POKHAREL is a globally renowned multilingual poet, essayist and thinker from Nepal. Decorated with Anton Chekhov and Nicolai Gogol Awards and the title of Golden Writer of the World, has recently been awarded the title of ‘International Poet of Merit-2022’ from Bangladesh. Winner of the ‘International Best Poet Award’ from China, he has published six books so far. His poems range from romantic lyrical to grave metaphysical, satirical to tragic and philosophical and speak of all walks of life. Poet Pokharel’s creations have been translated into thirty-five languages of the world so far. Writer of six books of poetry he has created thousands of poems in Nepali, English Hindi Russian, Maithili, and Tharu.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment