Friday, March 1, 2024

NITA B GEORGE

 



Desires

              (Freedom to Dream))

 

I

Want

My illusion

To

Wrap me

Into

Itself

And

Show me

Fantasies

That

A

Thinking

Mind

Dares not to see...

 

I Will Let You Go...

     (Freedom from a relationship that gives only pain)

 

I

Will let you go

Into oblivion again

A stranger

I know you not

Long had I tarried

Looking for you

In corners unknown,

Found you.

An alien,

You look different

Your thoughts

And

Your words

Speak a different language

This heart froze you

A fossil, cold and icy

My fantasy kept you

Warm and alive

But,

Fantasies are fantasies

Empty dreams

Dreams that have

No bedrock

I

Will let you go

Into oblivion.

 

Today I Breathe...

          (Freedom to believe)

 

Today

I

Breathe.

Long

Lay I

Dead.

Dead in Hope,

Dead in Fear.

I knew

My Lord, you are.

I looked

At

The sky, seeking you there

But,

Found

You

Instead,

In

My prayer

I

Breathe my Lord

For,

You

Are there.

 

Romancing With Love

             (Freedom of love)

 

Nectar

Is

Nectar, you say

Sweet

And

Mesmerizing

Why

Then

The bee

Visits a hundred flowers

Tastes,

Savors,

Yet,

Not satisfied

Seeks another?

Love not one

For

Love like Nectar

Sweet

And

Mesmerizing

Is

Never imprisoned

In

One !

 

The Heckler

          (Freedom to love)

 

Unseen

You heckle.

Heckle

Leaves to dance

Dance

A dance of abandon

That

Spring

The queen

Of

Seasons

Brings.

Heckle me too

Tease

My hair,

Gently

Touch my cheeks

And

Make me feel

The

Touch of love

Naughty breeze

Come,

Heckle me,

Come,

For a moment

My lover

Be !

 

 

NITA B GEORGE

 

NITA B GEORGE is a poet and a short story writer having to her credit five published books, three anthologies of poems, a collection of short stories and her Memoir. An English teacher at the Graduation level, her interaction with young minds has given her a deep insight into human thought and human behavior. An animal lover, much of her time is passed with her pets.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment