Friday, March 1, 2024

MANASWINI DAS PANIGRAHI

 



Freedom Where Are You

 

Where are you dear freedom?

I search you everywhere?

But found you not

 

I asked many, but disappointed by theirs reply.

 

The Doctor said, he doesn't have freedom.

The patients, the diseases and the drugs,

Around me twenty-four into seven.

 

The lawyer has his view,

The clients, the laws and the judgements,

No freedom at all.

 

Custodian of the law and order in the society,

The disciplined Police officer said,

I am liable to investigate the case,

Even arrest the culprit and the person in doubt,

But have no authority to give punishment,

Only the court have.

 

The teacher said, I have no freedom to teach.

And have to follow the syllabus.

 

A politician says, he is the servant of the societies,

And he is bound by the constitutions.

 

The chef has no freedom of his own,

He has to obey the tastes of the customers.

 

The Farmer said, he can just sow and harvest the crops,

But no freedom to fix prices

Only the government has the authority

 

And the lists, goes on and on.

All said, they have no freedom.

Then, my dearest freedom,

Kindly say, where are you?

 

Freedom

 

O my dearest loving bird,

Let you go from me, is very hard.

 

With your injured wings, when we met,

We came so close, till date,

 

Injuries was reason, to be away from family,

But now you have recovered and fit fully.

 

Now you can fly and go back to your nest,

My sincere advises for you to take some rest.

 

Now you are a free bird with full freedom,

Take care of yourself, but most welcome.

 

I am a simple man and not a sage

Freedom is free, but never to take advantage.

 

Poetic Freedom

 

Reading and writing poetry are my passion,

My ink flows, whatever may be the situation.

 

It requires a lot of concentration,

A a beautiful nib, goes on and on.

 

Romantic topics, touches my heart,

O, lo ! there is the beautiful art.

 

For choosing appropriate words for the same,

Creative minds, requires to tame.

 

Whenever I feel deserted and in depression,

It's my creative thoughts, comes with a new notion,

 

Creation of a beautiful poem, takes place,

With the full satisfaction and solace.

 

I love poems and poetry,

It's the heart's life story.

 

My ink has it's own freedom,

While selecting topics of any form.

 

MANASWINI DAS PANIGRAHI

 

MANASWINEE DASH PANIGRAHI a multilingual poet. A homemaker who carries poetry as her passion. She has a degree of MSc Mphil in Environmental Sciences but always keen towards literature.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment