Friday, March 1, 2024

SIAMIR MARULAFAU

 



I Wish Freedom

 

Every man needs freedom

I ask why

Since freedom is a part of lives

No freedom, life seems no elegant

No spirit to live in

Let's come to keep freedom

As long as the holly soul is kept in

 

Every man needs freedom

Because no freedom life seems no beautiful

Keep freedom in heart

To say life can be run well

As long as this world belongs to us

Let them be free as they wish

Instead of being like a bird in the cage

 

To find out the truth in the lives

That human beings are creatures

Not to be killed and conquered

They have a right to live

Keep this verse in mind

To avoid misunderstanding amongst

 

Let them be free as they wish

To keep the life to gain the meaning

Before the age comes down to the west

To make the lives be meaningful

As a philosopher states

That keep the lives to gain freedom

As long as this world gives a glory of lives

December 09, 2023. Copyright

 

Fly As A Fierce Bird

 

Let me fly as tall as I can

I am a fierce bird from radiant claims

I wish to fly to where I want

Because the place I am here is barren

What should I have to do?

Otherwise my verse urges to say

Let me fly as high as I can

 

Though my wings are not complete

To fly is easy

If the heart is strong to go away

I am not a slave to be detected to live in

Because this is my land

No one allows to chase me as a wild bird

There are many trees planted here

 

To say this world belongs to us

The people and I settling are human beings

Let me be free as a bird with complete wings

You have no right to ask me to go away

 

Why do you have to kill us?

I am one of the victims

There are no reasons to do what you mean

We are human beings need freedom at all

December 09, 2023. Copyright.

 

Let Me Be Freedom

 

I am a wild animal in the cage

I would like to be free around

Since this world is cruel

Then no revenge of all to send

Because I am in the love to the world

Why should I think to group

Because humanity is elegant

 

No hesitation to accept

Except when I am going to die

Let sea dry my dear

I am still in consistence

This verse is rumored to declare

 

That I wish to bee free as lion in the jungle

No voice to hesitate

Even a single word to resist

Because freedom is the truth amongst

Though money is possessed much

But it will be useless to live on

 

Keep freedom in the lives

As free as the lion I mean

I am not like a prisoner in the jail

To wait when I will be free

The years exchanged every year

But my heart needs freedom

December 09.12.2023.Copyright

 

SIAMIR MARULAFAU

 

SIAMIR MARULAFAU: (Indonesia) He is a bilingual poet, writer and author who writes in English and Indonesian language. He has published 9 books. He is an active member of various poetry groups on Facebook and participates in many poetry contests. His writings are part of several national and international magazines, newspapers, journals and anthologies. He has won many awards for his poetry. Currently, he works as Associate Professor at the Faculty of Vocational, University of Sumatra Utara, Medan-Indonesia.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment