Friday, March 1, 2024

PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK

 



My Mother Was There With Me

 

Sari is my favourite attire

The texture, the flow.

The unstitched, wrapped elegance

For work as well as when you are on the go.

 

I have seen my mother always in a sari.

She would even wear a sari in knee deep snow.

In all situations and all places

She in her sari stole the show.

 

There was this sari walkathon coming up in my city.

The love of saris tempted me to be there.

To show my love and solidarity for the attire

And with others this love to share.

 

I asked my friends to join me

Some didn’t have time, others couldn’t.

But I had to be there to promote the traditional dress

So dropping out of the walkathon I wouldn’t.

 

Very early morning I called an Uber.

There was darkness around.

My mother was there, sitting beside me

With her love and support profound.

 

I woke up with a smile on my face.

Freedom of fear of doing things on my own, gone.

My dear mother who is no more was there with me.

To remind me to do things of my passion, on my own.

 

Love For All

 

Love and freedom goes hand in hand.

These are instruments of peace in the land.

Reach out and help others in need.

‘Thou before I’ is how you lead.

 

Love and freedom are directly related.

If love is there, freedom for all is fated.

Sharing and caring for others is a must.

Without which relationships form rust.

 

Love and freedom is a sacred bond.

It forms memories fond.

Let us all fill the world with love all the way

And then let us rejoice freedom for all’s sway

 

Freedom From Death

 

Life is so fragile, life is so uncertain.

But moments of joy are precious.

These cannot be broken or forgotten.

A smile, a loving look,

A gentle thought, reaching out to help.

Doing things for people you love

Sharing, caring and giving

Being there for each other

Loving with all your heart.

 

Life is so fragile, life is so uncertain.

But when you do things you like to do

When you go into a flow state.

Your passion for something makes you crazy

Your passion for something gives you immense joy

When you immerse yourself into creativity

When your mind, your heart sings with delight

That's when you never die

That's when the mortal you, becomes immortal.


PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK

 

Dr. PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK is a scientist, an award-winning poet, an editor and a literary curator. She has ten books to her credit. Her poems have been widely published in national and international journals and anthologies and some have been translated into forty-one languages. Paramita promotes peace, multilingual, global and indigenous poetry. She also through her poems tries to make others aware about conservation and climate change. She is the President and Initiator of the Mumbai Chapter of the Intercultural Poetry and Performance Library (IPPL) and the Cultural Convenor and Literary Coordinator (West India) of the International Society for Intercultural studies and Research (ISISAR).

 

No comments :

Post a Comment