Friday, March 1, 2024

MOAEN SHALABIA

 



Freedom For All

 

To my country

I sing everything that is in the heart

From joy and from flame

And I carry a bereaved tear

To my loved ones behind the anger sites

And I bring another kiss

I caress her on two eyes

From afar and tired.

I write poems about you

I hug her at sea

Etched by tidal fire

Because poems, My Dear

It is built of sorrows and freedom.

Love me mate was in distress

And the memory illuminates time and space

It's hard for me to stay

Without exile ...No homeland.

 

On The Fast Express Train

 

On the fast express train,

I look through the glass at the sidewalk and what is on it,

I see everything moving except me.

I see a woman from afar,

she stopped at the station not to wait for the train,

Rather, to say to whoever sees her through the window:

Bye bye, freedom for all, i'm waiting for Refugees.

And I ask:

How did i leave her alone on that sidewalk, silent and die?

And the fire of longing is followed by Ulysses under flame showers.

I am Ulysses...

Is my message still enough 

to triumph myths

on the misguidance of the realist?

 

If I Had To Rewrite The Poem

 

If I had to rewrite the poem

I choose what I choose

Game of Life.

Pretty little girl running as a feather in the wind

On her wooden horse

And a child throws it with a paper spear

In the width of the artery.

It's the lover's badge to what I don't know

He shouted... she caught a burning rose in her hair

And on his lips the place bloomed.

It is the migration of colors

The train of age and rotation

Women in the presence of absence

They cut through life with passion and infatuation.

And back from afar

Impossible white elephant

Dreamy roaring lion

A stray deer in oblivion.

In a little while, the poem will move again

In allegorical colors

Black, white, green and red

Freedom, freedom, freedom

The game ends

To start over.

 

MOAEN SHALABIA

 

MOAEN SHALABIA: Born on 14 October 1958 in Maghar town - In the sea of Galilee region. Palestinian poet, One of the Arab Palestinian national minority in Israel. Finished his studies at Haifa University. Poet and prose writer, his writing career began in 1973, he published his poems in national local newspapers and Arabic papers abroad. He published seven poetry books and three prose. His first-born was the first book of poetry in 1989. He participated in many local and international festivals around the world. He was awarded by the "Arab intellectual's forum" – Jerusalem Al-Quds). Besides, he has received many appreciations certificates a member of the union of Arab writers and the movement of world poets (Poetas del Mundo), and a Member of Mahmoud Darwish Foundation for Creativity. His literary production was discussed and criticized in universities and many sessions in the homeland and abroad. Some of his poems were translated into many languages, like French, Turkish, English, Romanian, Polish, Macedonian, Italian, Hebrew, Bosnian, Albanian, Croatian, Russian, Portuguese, Serbian, and Bahasa Malaysia language. His collection of poems was included in the national and international anthologies. He won the prize of pest poetry at the international poetry festival / Tetova – Macedonia / Albania. He recently won the big prize of the "Arab Writers Union" for poetry.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment