Friday, March 1, 2024

LEYLA IŞIK

 


LEYLA IŞIK

 

For Everyone

 

To me, to you, to him

To us, to you, to them

Religious or non-religious,

Tongue-mute

Freedom for every living creature in nature.

 

Without usurping someone else's rights

Cage the bird singing on its branch without

east-west,

south-north

Without saying middle, below or above

woman-man-child

without being on the side of the strong

A person should be able to live properly

 

Without sleeping under the shadow of guns

Without waking up in the dark

A new day should start with light and brightness

Without being silenced - without being silenced

Must be able to speak

Should be able to love

Must love, make others love everything...

This world is all ours

these lands

Air, water, bread

prosperity for everyone

justice for everyone

peace for everyone

freedom for everyone

People should know their sacred

We all have the right to live humanely

Keep alive.

Nature, living things, everything

©Leyla IŞIK

 

How Free You Are

 

How free you are, Free out of spite.

I could not yet break

The iron bars inside of me.

I'm enslaved by love,

Perhaps by fear.

I’ve wrapped myself in loneliness.

How free you are,

Free out of spite

In that endless blueness of the sky.

I could not yet unlock

The fetters inside of me.

Whenever I felt love

I wrapped myself in loneliness.

The sunlight abandoned me

In the dump wells,

And went away.

Unable to leave loneliness,

I could not tell time to stop,

Time that races against wind.

The hopes rusted and faded inside me.

Oh! You don’t know how I miss

Becoming free like you,

Free out of spite,

Eluding fear

And leaving loneliness in the dump wells. . .

©Leyla Işık

 

English Translation By Baki Yiğit

 

My Childhood

 

Always a dead-beat evening descends on my heart.

My childhood days do appear in front of my eyes.

Life seems to be a several act play

Staged in various places

In various times.

Where you can find that naivety, that feeling of sadness inside me?

As if I got lost inside deep feelings

There started a panic

A fear inside me

I could not make out of the fact

Whether I am in control of life, or else who is?

While getting into bed every night with dreams,

Life used to be a blessed orchard where I blossomed

Now I am yearning for it

How odd it is…

My childhood days I stretched out and grew taller.

My years passed secretly inside a box

I had my fears though for the box to be stolen

And that’s why I could not open

My childhood painted in green,

Which I hid it with caution

In order to live it again.

©Leyla Işık

 

English Translation By Mesut Şenol

 

LEYLA IŞIK


LEYLA IŞIK: Educator-Poet-Writer-Artist-Painter. She graduated from Teacher Training College in Usak and Faculty of Education of Eskisehir Anadolu University. She had worked as a teacher for many years. She, Vice President of KIBATEK and International Organization and Project Coordinator, organized the 31st,34 th, 39th, 40 th, 42 nd, 44 the KIBATEK International Litrary Festivals and attended India World Poetry Festival organized by Pentasy B in Hydarabadand “Golden Word” International Literary Festival in Uzbekistan. Her Awards:2003 - İksder-İzmir Culture and Art Association "Halikarnas Fisher CevatŞakir" First Prize Poetry Award, 2008 – Şaire Mehseti Gencevi (MŞM) Honorary Diploma on behalf of Azerbaijani Baku Poet Mesheti Genjevi for Serving Turkish World Literature. 2013 – Atilla İlhan Friendship and Fidelity Medallion from Platform of Love Izmir 2015 - World Young Writers Association (DGTYB) Literary Award, 2016 - Rumen Dialect, Poetry, Art, Literature Platform International Literature, Friendship and Peace Prize. 2017-Pablo Neruda Cultural Association” Neruda Award 2017”award- Italy Pablo Neruda Cultural Association” Representative for Turkey of Pablo- Neruda-Italy Honorary Member of Italian Cultural Association Pablo Neruda Chief Representative of the World Notation Writers ‘union in Turkey-Kazakhstan  Hyderabad India World Poetry Festival Pentasi B 2017 "Inspirational poetry" award Fellowship Certificate-Fellow of the Regal world of Scribes (FRWS) India World Poetry Festival “Writers Corner - Warangal Medal”  India World Poetry Festival Writers Corner Warangal “The Enchanting Muse Award" World Nations Writers “Union Kazakhstan “Pride of the Globe-2017, WNWU” in Response to exceptional commitment and devotion to literature 2018-OPA-Poetry Archive’s Assignment of Publication  OPA Our Poetry Archive featured poet of the month March. World Award in Literature - 2018, WNWU 2019-Motivational strips “AMBASSADOR DE LITERATURE 2020-Peruvian Union "Literary Excellent Award" Hispanom Dial De Escritores, Motivation           Strips, World Nations Writers Union Chile Diploma and Certificate of Honor Romania International Academy of Arts and Letters Certificate Morocco "International Creativity and Humanity Certificate" India / Daman "World Illustrated Poetry Forum" Grand Woman Poet Award for great success in high virtue assessment Her books: HUZUR ÇERÇEVEM (E) poetry, SERÜVEN KUŞU İÇİMİN ÖYKÜSÜ poetry – poetic expression, YENİDEN YAŞAMAK GİBİ short story ,BİR BAŞKA DÜŞ (E) poetry - poetic expression, DODAQ İZLERİN poetry -translated and published at Vektör University, DÜŞLERİMİ (Ç) ALDIM ,UYKUSUZ ESRİK GECENİN SABAHINDA ,ULUSLARARASI EDEBİYAT ŞÖLENİ ŞİİR ANTOLOJİSİ Besides  KIBATEK. Aegean Cultural Platform Theatre Coordinator, Literature Association Member , Member of International Activist Artists Association, She is also Turkey Representative and Honorary Member of Italy Pablo Neruda Cultural Association, Member and Turkey representative of World Nation Writers Association. Her poems are published in international anthologies; Galaksi  Poetike  Atanis, Grami Romanesc, Global Voices of 21st Century female Poets QUEEN, Poetry in the Park Collection No 4,Antologia Poetica KIBATEK festival 39 (Italy), www.mearteka.net, Antologia Amaravati Poetic Prism 2018,2019 Her articles and poems have been translated into German, Albanian, Arabic, Romanian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Dutch, Italian, English and Azeri Turkish, Spanish, Macedonian, Urdu, Chinese by published in anthologies in various journals both in Turkey and abroad. She is painter, received theatre training, writes heather plays besides poetry, short stories and essays. She is the poet of passion, longing, love and struggle.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment