Friday, March 1, 2024

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 



Free Worlds

 

I am looking for you

in the mysterious silence of the night,

in the planar rhythm of your salty breath,

in the wake of your wounded absence,

in the silent assimilation of your death

which has not yet come

in the uncut marble of my soul

which struggles for centuries to quench its thirst

from the source of your memory but it cannot

Burn me with the fire of your eternal image,

of your form that I now hide

within the sacred field of my evergreen battles

against the shadows of abandonment

and my annihilation

Together we will be reborn one day

within the divine essence of free worlds

 

Invasion Failed

 

You can't invade my dreams

to trespass on my sacred space

The veil of my desires for you still applies

You cheated on me now too

you apologize

sending me a gray dove

to keep me company

But you will not disturb my sleep,

nor my nightmares

You can't surprise

the ghosts of my little life

scatter already frightened

from your wild side

in the eternal night

You can't break my sleep

just to spread out

your black wings in him

You can't catch my moans

nor my unconscious breaths,

pursuing your dominance

upon my unconscious body

Your heavy scent

it does not awaken ecstasy

in my betrayed heart

You sit heavy on my shoulder, demon

You grip me tight with your claws

but my skin is smooth

and you glide dangerously and silently

You struggle to nestle into my consciousness

because there awaits you unheard of destruction

You can't convince me

for your repentance,

looking at me with eyes of horror

You're trying to bite me

with your pointed canines

into my throat,

But I have painted there

a long time ago

a pure cross

that protects me from your invasion

in my flesh

Don't touch me with your dirty palm!

My blood is not wine to drink drunk

and to steal my memory and my soul again

 

Mother And Son

 

Mother, my sweet mother,                                                                                                 

why did we come here, mother?                                                                                 

What are we looking for on this planet?                                                                     

What do we dream of?                                                                                                     

What do we crave for?                                                                                                

 What invisible forces pushed us inland?

One night we light up fires to warm up                                                                       

our tired flesh                                                                                                             

On the other, our tears                                                                                                       

roll red-hot from the merciless Sun

Why did we come here, mother?                                                                                 

What are we looking for in the depths                                                                      

of the unknown planet?                                                                                                

What do we think                                                                                                     

 that we will succeed                                                                                                   

 in these inhospitable lands?

 

Son, my sweet son,

make your heart like ancient marble

Don't drown in sobs of loneliness

 

What we desire, what we seek

is to push human life

a few centimeters deeper

in the freedom of Universe

 

The Zombies

 

Strange creatures are moving

in the eerie night

Once they had died,

looking for love

Now the streets are deserted

and the paths difficult

Where they go without hope,

without free movements,

no destination?

They can't find a gate

for the free valleys of God

but also, the deprivation of the kiss

prevents them from rising to the heights

of eternal life

They walk slowly, bent over from pain

with their flesh fringed

to crawl back

from their elusive dream

They don't accept it

nor the flames of Hell

While they were alive, they had burned

in two eyes in two lips

who ironically drove away

all their lusts

Now only demon claws

they stroke them on the chest

and there are bats nests

into their body

Where they go without life,

without any expectation of atonement?

What a pity!

Their torn heart

no grave accepts her

They had never lived

the sweetness of love

They had only ate

the fruits of betrayal

Now they are searching in the dark

desperately the voracious touch

 

Amnesiac

 

Who am I really? Who is this

 every morning which I look in the mirror?

My memory has become a black hole

It sucks everything in first time

Who am I really?

Who in my mind wanders with my own form?

Is it me or someone else?

Am I a child of exaltation or of the fall?

Who knows me? Who remembers me?

Did I have a lot to look back on my life or nothing great?

But how can I really remember it?

Without memory what do I expect to fit in that suitcase

of the days after tomorrow?

And those who might have known me

quite possibly have emigrated to other heavens

No one visits me anymore to remind me

who I really am

Who am I after all?

A beggar of dreams, an amnesiac god,

or perhaps a miracle of some enslaved world?

 

The Star Of Expectation

 

A star twinkles in my sky

Its light is strange, magical

In the night hours it becomes different,

It changes form, it looks foreign to my eyes

Sometimes he stares at me

Sometimes he turns his back on me

He despises and mocks me

or does it just look indifferent and cruel?

- You can't reach me! he whispers to me - You can't!

Every night I will be here resting in your firmament

But I will wait in vain for you to come to me

You won't be able to! You won't even be able to get close to me!

That's why I will miss you constantly

I will watch you search for unknown planets

to build a new home for your life,

to discover new dimensions,

free places you've never seen before,

to advance on new paths of the Universe

but you won't be able to side with me

And yet I will be up there waiting for you forever

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS is a poet, writer and scholar of religions. He was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, where he graduated from the Theological School of the Aristotle University. He holds a Master's Degree from the Theological School with a specialization in Religious Studies. It has been included in the "Great Encyclopedia of Mondern Greek Literature" of Haris Patsi publications and in the “Who's Who” of journalists. He has been honored with many national and international awards for his poems.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment