Thursday, September 1, 2016

GEORGE ONSY

GEORGE ONSY


TO EVE EVERYWHERE FROM ADAM OF ALL TIMES

It took you God
More than just one rib
To form her structure
So tender, so fancy
To let my impossible dream
Step out of the realm of fantasy.

It took you God
More than just one rib
To answer the yearning of my heart,
Modeling this living piece of fine art.

But God, did you really take only one rib,
Altering my whole anatomy, promising
To put instead, pleasure in place
Of loneliness and agony?

Yes, God, you did take that one rib,
Filling its gloomy void
With strawberry-red flame of fire
That when I just woke up
I found no name but called it “desire”.

Thanks be to you God!
For throughout my whole life
She waves wondering
Between reality and myth
And without her, my so-called life
Would have the very taste of death.

O God, if you had not done it
I would have taken
My very heart out of my core
And held it up, asking:
And this, God, what is it for??

George Onsy
© 2012





In memory of violence victims everywhere
TO THE BLOOD

O blood,
I wish you had
A sound
To crack the silence
Of conscience’s
Sleep profound
O blood,
I wish you had
No color
Reminding me
Of a flower
Once given
By a victim
To his lover
O blood,
Others’ or mine,
Stay on earth
To draw clear
A long-awaited
Red line.

George Onsy
© 2014






In Memory of the Little Child Found Dead on the Seashore
THE SEA DEFENDING HIMSELF

No, no, not me!!
It’s not me!
Who could do
Such a horrible thing
For whatever reason
It may be

It’s not me!
It is a creature,
Who calls himself
‘Human being’,
Who did it,
Didn’t he??

It’s not me!
Who made of myself
A refuge for desperate
Souls fleeing a graveyard
That’s once been
A dear homeland
Have you forgotten?!!
I’m not the harbor,
I’m the sea.

It’s not me
So, I’ve just
Thrown him up.
He never belongs here,
I’m only trying
To set him free.

It’s not me!
For if the deluge
Of innocent blood
Ever stains
My loyal blue
I would turn my water
Into tears to stay
Forever the sea
You wish to see.

George Onsy
© 2015






On Divine Love
To God ….
YOU ARE LOVE– 2

You are love
And so it happened
That you formed me
Out of the bottomless
Abyss of nothingness
With your vision
Of a divine poet,
With your hands
Of an almighty sculptor,
With your fingers
Of a harpist
Of eternal melodies.
Oh, oh, how I love
The miracle of art
I’ve come to be!

George Onsy
© 2014







YOU ARE LOVE – 4

That’s why
You so wished to have
Human arms to hug,
Human lips to kiss,
Human hands
To tenderly touch
Wiping off all tears,
And a human voice
To whisper promises
Of life eternal.

© 2015
George Onsy




No comments :

Post a Comment