Friday, April 1, 2016

PRASANNA KUMARI


PRASANNA KUMARI


THE THIRD TRUTH

I lie awake
trying to paint the third truth
which defines life
with drunken words dancing on
my muse of hues and views
with nature's melody throbbing inside
with the sun I swallowed
and the moon I drank

I lie awake
trying to paint the third truth on a larger canvas
with staggering vowels and consonants
with syllables fluttering to shape the language of love,
dreams,thoughts ,reality and illusion

I lie awake
straining to form words of light and dark colors
translating moments of sight and insight

I lie awake
struggling to evolve the third truth
which defines and redefines life
and
listening to the crumbling of shadows
when light fades into foolish lies





AWAKE

As darkness falls
the darkness of a thousand nights descends on me

I lie awake
carrying the ocean of screams
of the mothers of Gaza
I lie awake
listening to the breaking sound of my desire
among the atrocities of Sudan
I lie awake
carrying the weight of girls faded in the ocean
crumbling the melody of my dreams
I lie awake
listening to the skies trying to exhale the whimper
of raped girls even the gods ignored
I lie awake
looking at the sky drawing caricature of girls
shattered to the bottom of their dignity
I lie awake
seeing the clouds painting the ill-treated women in pale grey color

(I lie awake
listening to the breaking sound of words in my mind into rainbow colors)



PRASANNA KUMARI

2 comments :

  1. My lovely friend, well written, marvellous
    Pushpamma chandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prasanna Kumari's poems are excellent and thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete