Saturday, April 1, 2017

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

FOUR CHAMBER MASSAGE

I can smell the smoke from here.
Karma licked my wounds sixteen times,
sent me spinning through black orbits.

Now all I need
is one more little lie
whispered from your precious lips
to help complete the cycle.

Wet tongues offer sweet salvation,
and our love overpowered lust.
I forgot the meaning of God.

I can hear the strain, the crack,
the flood, the flow,
the bleeding from broken sieve.

Four chambers bite
with a metal gasp;
you ignite my flesh
as carbon creates the first sign of something sacred.

The vowels of heaven are humming,
and Dionysus always blessed our dance.
I forgot the pathway to peace.

I can taste the burn of liquid cancer.
Fingers spark at the point of contact,
metastasized and melting back to void.

Amber stains and dragon’s breath
chase away the smile
worn stoically on sleeve
when the high feels mighty healthy.

Bright eyes burn red with the sun,
and our home was always near to heart.
I forgot the grace of hallelujah.





MODERATION IS MORE IMPORTANT
THAN AN SAT SCORE

Even a chalice
of the purest honey
can prove to be
a little too sweet

Careful when
kissing a fire
not to go
too far too soon

I love you
I lust you
I need you
I want you

Some of these things
are not like the others

Some of these things
will leave you in tatters





HIGH FEVER

If this is meant to calm me down
then why am I
still seeing red
(or are those roses)?

1,000 memories rise with the sun.
None of them are you.
All of them are you.
None of them are me.
All of them are us.
None of them are us.
Some of them are us.

It’s a perfect day for a walk in the rain.
I’m always happy,
but it does help when the world is agreeable.

It’s not always best for life to be easy.
Sometimes the struggle is like a French kiss from God –
leaves you feeling so sexy in the end.

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR: is an English speaking United States citizen, born and raised outside of Atlanta, Georgia where he continues to reside today. He hosts the site 17Numa.wordpress.com where links to his published poetry, fiction, essays, interviews, reviews, and books can be found. His work recently received three Pushcart Prize nominations in 2016. Scott serves as an editor for Walking Is Still Honest Press, The Blue Mountain Review, The Peregrine Muse, and Novelmasters.

No comments :

Post a Comment