Saturday, April 1, 2017

ADOLF P. SHVEDCHIKOV


ADOLF P. SHVEDCHIKOV

MY BELOVED EARTH

My beloved earth, I am your loving son,
I bend my head before you,
I am sleeping in your tender embraces,
I do not feel that I am alone.
My hair is grey but I still feel your motherly hands
Which protect me when comes hard time.
I breathe your spring’s scent,
I am pleased by your hot summer,
I like to walk under your rainy, autumn sky,
I don’t fear your chilly, wintery winds.
Oh, my beloved land!
You are a permanent source of my delight,
You give me new strengths,
Your harmony is more important
Than all prestigious awards!


LOVE IS…

You cannot say: love will come afterward.
Love is like a fresh-cut withering rose,
Open your heart and hold it closely,
Love is you joy, your highest reward!
Love is harmony you wish you could hoard,
You fell in love, all your life changed,
Sometimes it’s ardent, sometimes it’s strange,
You can feel it striking a sensitive chord.
Love is bliss, love is terrible pain,
When your heart is broken, you are ready to die,
Love is torture or a joyous sigh,
Hopefully-recurring refrain!


MY MIGHTY THOUGHTS BRING
WHIMSICAL DELIGHT

My nightly thoughts bring whimsical delight
When I by stellar shawl do enfold,
Keep in my hands this spacious hectic world,
Sitting in the shadow of scattered candlelight.
To be honest, I don’t like a burning broad daylight,
And I don’t like the glorious landscape.
I am glad to find a miraculous escape
In my beloved impenetrable midnight.
I like the mystery, a slowly rolling moon,
I like an opalescent cold moon beam
When I am at the mercy of a sweet dream
Stirring black coffee by a silver spoon.
My gentle Muse believes still in my might,
Sometimes she is teasing me, after a while
We are looking at each other with a smile...
I love this sable magic harmonious night!


AN EXPECTATION

We all are looking for our own star,
For that bright star which is faraway,
We search for a celestial way
To reach that guiding morning-star!
We all accept a sacred love,
Which every soul wants to adore,
Which gives us wings so we may soar,
When everyone is a cooing dove!
The crowning triumph waits for us,
The glory weaves a laurel wreath,
This moment comes soon, hold your breath
And leave forever a nasty fuss!


I AM ETERNAL CHILD OF SPRING

I am eternal child of spring,
I fall in love with my tender Muse.
Inside of her womb I completely fuse,
I am soaring on romantic wings.
I am one of the happy human beings
Singing a spiritual song,
My voice is extraordinarily strong,
I feel my might, I am a powerful King!
I know for sure that I must bring
To everyone the sparkling dew,
When someone finds a rainbow hue,
Then he will start to smile and sing!


HIDDEN DELIGHT

You are in the field. Lo and behold!
The hidden warbles suddenly unfold.
Look in the sky, turquoise and bright,
An invisible skylark sings with delight!
A joyful grass hoper crackles in the grass,
Trust me, you will never find him, alas!
The buds are wrapped in a shawl of leaves
To hide their pleasure from the eyes of thieves.
The delight for a poet is to melt into thought
Full of the feelings and finely wrought!


THE CLAY POT

People may think: it isn’t a big deal
To make a simple pot of clay,
You need to turn a potter’s wheel
And do the same job every day!
I beg your pardon, you can’t say
A pot of clay means nothing, still
For many centuries turns a wheel,
A lot of pots buried, old and gray.
Any chance you will find in sand
The pot of clay with a graceful form,
So perfect that it might perform
Not by the man, but by God’s hand!


I AM A FLUTTERING BIRD SOARING
IN THE SKY

I’m a fluttering bird soaring in the sky
Bringing to you, an unknown soul,
The emerald ring and a priceless bowl
Filled with my love which is constant and shy.
To be honest, I don’t know why
I send to you my yearning song,
I never was an idol of an insatiable throng,
And I never have reached an Olympic High.
I don’t want to seduce you or to lie.
I came to you to share honestly my creed,
But I don’t know, perhaps, you don’t need
To hear my song with a delicate sigh.
You are busy, of course, as everyone is.
We have no more time to hear each other.
You don’t want to be my admirable brother...
How quickly you grow, misunderstanding’s abyss!


HOW HARMONIUS IS A DANCE OF JOY!

How harmonious is a dance of joy!
It seems as a perpetual cascade
Which never stops and never fades,
Have sensual pleasure and enjoy!
Feel the pulsation of thirsty lips,
Your heart beats quickly to and fro,
Oh you are happy with what’s in store,
How alluring is the nectar’s sips!


THE SPARROWS FIGHT AGGRESSIVELY

The sparrows fight aggressively
Looking for crumbs of bread...
That ceaseless vital thread
Is whirling nightly and daily!
I hear this eternal song
Of always in a hurry life
Full of struggle and strife.
My pugnacious crazy throng,
Why do you do all wrong,
Looking for a treacherous knife,
Suspicious, imprudent, is rife
With rumors...Tell me, how long
This craziness will prolong?
Where is that wise shepherd
Who will put in order this herd,
Who will ring in unity’s gong!


FORGET ABOUT SADNESS

Forget about sadness, life is in blossom,
It is full of joyful, cheerful sunny days,
Oh, let me kiss your ample lovely bosom,
Lo! My beloved, it’s fragrant, balmy May!
I’m not nocturnal marsupial opossum,
I like mad wind and quivering sunlight,
Oh, let me touch you, bosom-upon-bosom,
And let us glide like a Chinese kite!



YO’LL FIND BEAUTY EVERYWHERE
IF YOU CAN SEE

You’ll find beauty everywhere if you can see.
Stay for a moment and look around,
Watch the sunrise, lie on the ground,
Hear the breakers’ sound of violent sea!
Look at the flowers or a singing bird,
What an eloquent rhapsody of peace!
Go deeply into every charming piece,
The world is full of beauty, in a word!
©
ADOLF P. SHVEDCHIKOV,
PhD, LittD (RUSSIA)
International Poet of Merit
ADOLF PAVLOVICH SHVEDCHIKOV: Russian scientist, poet and translator Born May 11, 1937 in  Shakhty, Russia. In 1960 he graduated from Moscow State University, Department of Chemistry. Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1967. Senior researcher at the Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. Since 1997 - the chief chemist of the company Pulsatron Technology Corporation, Los Angeles, California, USA. Doctor of Literature World Academy of Arts and Letters. He published more than 150 scientific papers and about 600 of his poems indifferent International Magazines of poetry in Russia, USA, Brazil, India, China, Korea, Japan, Italy, Malta, Spain, France, Greece, England and Australia. He published also 16 books of poetry. His poems have been translated into Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, and Hindi languages. He is the Member of International Society of Poets, World Congress of Poets, International Association of Writers and Artists, A. L. I. A. S. (Associazione Letteraria Italo-Australiana Scrittori, Melbourne, Australia). Adolf P. Shvedchikov is known also for his translation of English poetry ("150 English  Sonnets of XVI-XIX Centuries". Moscow. 1992. "William Shakespeare. Sonnets." Moscow. 1996) as well as translation of many modern poets from Brazil, India, Italy, Greece, USA, England, China and Japan. In 2013 he was nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature.


No comments :

Post a Comment