Sunday, August 1, 2021

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 


ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 

Take Me In Your Silences

 

Many sighs in tears

Takes the time.

I don´t want the wind

Disperse your breath,

Neither the verses

That ignite my kisses!

 

Making of your body

The green ink

Of my whole poetry!

With the moon

Reflected on your back

So smooth…

So pure…

So mine!

 

Just take me

In your silences!

 

Today I will keep

All my dreams,

Tomorrow

My soul will take

Your memories.

 

Just waiting

For the moment

To embrace you

Again.

© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

 

 

Nocturnal Sun

 

There, where the wind fades away

The sky waves its own branches

Retouching icy mornings

In the shades,

Blackbirds and pigeons flapping

And disturbing the sky.

I aimlessly wander through.

 

Every corner evokes

Spiral lines of perpetually

Ever written sonnets,

Unveiled brides

Blur the color lines

Upon vacant altars.

I become chrysalis

Under the chaos of progress.

I extend my hands

And find only emptiness.

Where do these streets lead me to?

 

I try to jump over my shadow,

Gradually move

From green to yellow…

Exorbitant looks

Lacking everything

And nothing at all.

In the swinging mist

Every step reflected upon

Its own reflection,

When the twilight expands

I force myself to take shortcuts

That lead me nowhere.

 

Broken hearts,

Moon’s usurped glow,

Yielding ghosts

To the impregnable shine

Of window cars.

Stillness moves,

Static seconds,

Silence declines,

I emigrate with no belongings;

Brittle and gloomy spectrum

De-kernelling good-byes.

 

My mind is on hold,

Stars cry about

Humidity’s shortage

And eclectic rains,

My voice drowns.

Blink away

The ethereal fire of my eyes,

I release myself from prejudice.

 

I release myself

From body and soul

As nocturnal sun

Amidst the desert.

© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

 

Translated By:  Alaric Gutiérrez.   

 

 

Far Away Air

 

Each sparkle has a distant and severe air.

Dusty breeze undoing

Selfless prejudices,

Diaphanous sky

Of faraway shores.

Untellable words!

Sweet craving that leads

And mitigates nostalgia,

Drunkenness of the moment

Impossible fight

Bold and incandescent soul.

Every sound is a wonderful caress

Momentum, track and halo of a transient light.

 

Each sparkle has a distant and severe air.

I understand the instant is non-existing matter.

Burns like a wound inscribed within our consciousness,

Affliction goes away.

Full delight of interrogations and absences,

Depths and appearances;

Defining the earthly paradise hell

Of my own communion.

 

Each sparkle has a distant and severe air.

I learn to live

In the branches of a secret dream,

Of a fiery shade,

In the shortened line

Of abysmal dementia.

Choleric air of ephemeral tears

Shake up my roots.

Lewd whisper

Born from the body,

Proclaiming the cavity

Of long-gone solitudes.

© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

 

Translated By:  Alaric Gutiérrez.   

 

 

Moon Chant

 

A gust of wind and rumors

Hue harmonic perfumes,

Vetiver, coriander, kahve and saffron,

Crumbling the twilight dust.

Silence singing words

Bursting up

Depths of the sky.

 

My body invokes you

Under the Ankara fresh rain,

Fertile crescent

The spell of my lips;

Liquid light

Of shooting stars.

Horizontal waves

Moistens my edges

In the steppe plains

Of your gardens.

 

Even the moon is singing

Although no one notices it!

 

Dressed up in rainfalls

And kissing roots,

Sound waterfalls

Polishing stones

Upon your rivers’ wings.

Holding hands,

Piercing idyllic forests,

Dates and prunes

Are seeded wild,

Like impregnated

Fire water drops

On the green breeze

Of your gaze.

 

Undamaged yearnings

Rummage 

The absence or presence

Of your breath.

Fragrant essence

Evokes the moss dance

In Turkish oak timbers.

 

Chimerical magma

Rises and falls,

The ottoman honeysuckle

Of your luminous pores

Opened up

To the furtive wrap

Of my nights.

© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

 

Translated By:  Alaric Gutiérrez.   

 

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ


Alicia Minjarez Ramírez: She is an internationally renowned Mexican poetess and translator who has won numerous awards including: Honorary Doctorate granted by IFCH Morocco and a thousand minds for Mexico 2020. World Cultural Excellence Award 2020 granted by the government of Peru. Excellence Prize World Poetry Championship Romania 2019. Literary Prize "Tra le Parole e L'infinito" Italy 2019. Winner of the EASAL Medal Award by The European Academy of Sciences and Letters France 2018. Her poems have been translated in several languages and published in 300 International Anthologies, magazines and newspapers around the world. She speaks: French, English, Italian and Spanish.


No comments :

Post a Comment