Sunday, August 1, 2021

CLAUDIA PICCINNO


 

CLAUDIA PICCINNO

 

In The Alphanumeric Code

 

You didn't know you were

in the alphanumeric code

of my every access.

Dates, anniversaries, memories

difficult to decipher.

How anonymous is your face

behind a screen.

Quiet is the glitter

of the look.

Extinguished is my smile

of circumstance.

I receive every day

love letters

poems that swell

the book of flatterers.

I read them without surprise,

I catalog them in a protocol

which looks like a reptile house.

I prepare myself for silence.

My mind is looking for coolness

of an Augustan night and

everything else is noise.

  

 

At Each Blue Window

 

  At each blue window

I look for the sky of your smile.

You certainly see me from far away

like when I used to play in the yard

and you looked out to tell me to come back.

I don't hear your voice anymore

but I breathe this boundless silence

which day after day does not fade.

I love mothers, the old ones with white hair

their eyes lost in the memories of their sixteen years,

I wonder why you were not given to grow old,

you who became a feather

in the coils of an evil wind,

you mother already knew

when I cried beside you on the last night.

There were never so many words between us.

I didn't need to explain.

You already knew.

and you dreamed for me

immense expanses,

lavender fields,

laurel wreaths,

poppies in winter

and a sunflower next to me.

  

 

Uncertain Truth

 

Silence shaken by sobs

of a night owl dishwasher

competes with the dark intermittently

say goodbye.

We are in a limbo of decrees

to thrill for a good outcome

of this isolation.

Enlist in e-commerce

we do not distinguish the useful from the pleasant.

Medusa is the screen

that petrifies the smile

combining pixels

to mystify myths

sweetening images.

Lost the smell of a hug

we abuse useless words

to make up for the gestures of proximity

conveying uncertain truths.

 

CLAUDIA PICCINNO

 

CLAUDIA PICCINNO was born in the south of Italy, but she lives and teaches in the north of Italy. Operating in more than 100 anthologies, she’s a former member of the jury in many national and international literary prizes. She is the Continental Director for Europe in the World Festival Poetry, she represents Istanbul culture in Italy as Ambassador of Ist Sanat Art Association. She has published 38 poetry books, among her own poetry collections and other poets' translations into Italian language. She was conferred with the most prestigious award “Stele of Rosetta” in Istanbul in 2016, the Literary Awards Naji Naaman Prize 2018, “World icon for peace” for Wip in Ondo city, Nigeria, in April 2017; Global Icon Award 2020 for Writers Capital International Foundation, The light of Galata, Turkey 2021, Sahitto International Jury Award, Bangladesh 2021. She gained almost 250 prizes in Italy for poetry and cultural merits. Her poem "In Blue" is played on a majolica stele posted on the seafront in Santa Caterina di Nardo (Le). She is European editor for the international literary magazine Papirus in Turkey and for Atunis Magazine international. She was responsible for poetry in the Italian magazine called Gazzetta of Istanbul, printed in Turkey by the Italian community. She writes for e-magazine and literature newspapers such as Menabò, Verbumpress, Il Porticciolo.


No comments :

Post a Comment