Friday, April 1, 2022

ANIL KUMAR PANDA

 


 

The Night Stands Tall

 

When night stands tall

Over the roof tops and

Reaches to the dark sky

I feel my eyes go heavy

Dreams come one by one

With them I begin to fly

 

When night stands tall

Over the treetops and rises

Up with the mystic wind

I feel my limbs go numb

As sleep grips my body

I leave thoughts behind

 

Waiting For Your Kiss

 

When the last star of the night

Goes pale above the horizon

I wake up to the call of birds

From eyes all dreams are gone

 

When the first streak of light

Grazes dew drenched grasses

I wake to the sound of bangles

And anklets of the young lasses

 

When the lotus opens up in

The pond to the touch of wind

I wake up to whistling sound

Of branches closely intertwined

 

When the sun wakes up in the

Sky to shower its divine bliss

I wander in the valley waiting

For you and for your sweet kiss

 

 

In Winter

 

The wind across the land is cool;

So cool I have to walk with my

Hands held crossed and tight

Across my chest.

 

The birds have all gone in search

Of worms, wriggling out of holes

Hidden in the root of the bushes-

Dew drenched.

 

Sometimes I sit by the stream,

That flows wounding around a

Mound of huge stones where

Not long ago wild animals were

Living. All are dead now.

 

I pick up stones and throw in

To the water to create ripples.

I feel the sensation of winter.

I smile as they come dancing 

To kiss my feet one by one like

Enchanted lovers.

 

ANIL KUMAR PANDA


No comments :

Post a Comment