Friday, April 1, 2022

EWITH BAHAR

 


 

From The Prisoner's Window

 

Leafy mighty oak

Erects as a forest's pride

Avoid us from the sun

 

I stand by a window

Just to see the beauty that I could ignore

The tall old oak that has been there

Long before I came

 

Often, when I adoringly see it

I behold a faint smile

Enigmatic communication I enjoy much

It seems like an invitation to come

For resting my head on a soil  below the tree

 

I almost run to it

But regaining the consciousness

It's too far from my place

A dim prisoner's room.

 

Running

 

In my dream

I saw a yellow field of hope

Inviting me for a feast and ritual

 

I got up and running

Crossing a lake and gap

Conquering my egoism

 

My legs found the reason

to keep running

without hesitation

with myself, endlessly competing.

 

Love Is...

 

Love is a home

for romantic souls with a vow

that the walls are threatened

to be ruined each time

and we collect every broken pieces

to build the stronger ones

 

Love is a celestial music

sweetly played in tune

with you and me as black and white keys

to make divine sound

reviving the somber atmosphere

 

And love,

a face inhabiting two eyes

with rose-tinted tears

often streaming and falling secretly

from the deep crevice

drifting away the gloomy seasons

in our hearts.

 

EWITH BAHAR

 

EWITH BAHAR is a published author, poetess, novelist, essayist and translator from Indonesia. She had a long-time career in a mass communication field.  Besides was known as a TV host at TVRI (a government TV station), she also was the first Public Relations Manager of Gran Mélia Hotel Jakarta. As a writer, Ewith has published eleven books, including novel, an anthology of short stories, biography-essay and poetry books. One of her books, Sonata Borobudur, got a prestigious prize from Indonesian National Library, as The Best Five Indonesian Poetry Books 2019. In November 2021, her single poem, "Imigran Digital" won the third place in a poetry writing competition, related to outstanding yearly Indonesian Poetry Day celebration, organized by Yayasan Hari Puisi (Poetry Day Foundation). Her poems were published in many national and international newspapers, journals and online medias. And also can be found in approximately more than 70 poetry anthologies in Indonesia and international publication. Many of her poems have been translated into several foreign languages. Besides writing, she’s also an editor and often invited as public speaker for communication matters, creative writing and bibliotherapy. Several years ago, she also run a Public Speaking Course for children and teens, and once was teacher for communications and Master of Ceremony at Interstudi and LEPPKINDO. Ewith now is active in Indonesian Book Channel.


No comments :

Post a Comment