Friday, April 1, 2022

YIOULA IOANNOU PATSALIDOU

 


 

 

The Greatest’’ I Love You’’ 

 

The greatest ‘’I love you’’

I want to be inspired

Deep and meaningful to say

But it seems that it will be difficult.

 

With bright colors of nature

I will paint on to canvas

The biggest forever love you

Because words are hard to say.

 

I open encyclopedias and dictionaries

To search big words to tell you

How much I love you

But it seems that it is not simple.

 

My notes I choose one by one

To write one divine melody

And with this to sing ‘’I love you’’

So deep, so true, so big

 

 

Star Girl

 

I remember your white fingers

like April lilies

pleasurably caressing

a pink rose in the garden

Your thirst unquenched.

You sucked life in drop by drop!

 

You were in a hurry

To do one more thing

Before your final hour arrived.

To enjoy a while longer

A sunbeam in May.

The scent of lemon blossom,

The flight of the swallows.

To hide a while one more time

 in the warmth of your lovers embrace.

 

And afterwards, in confidence,

 you shared your most sacred secret with me.

“I am not for here much longer!”

You said with half of smile.

And I have nothing more

To give you now.

Nothing but little verses

To speak to you.

Drawn from my soul.

Plain and bitter.

Neighborhood girl,

Joyful and carefree.

You who have travelled to distance stars.

And you , seated next to the Pleiades

And the morning star smile meaningfully

Having discovered the truth.

Happy that before you flew off

to heaven’s faraway galaxies

You generously gave and received love.

Neighborhood girl joyful and carefree

You who unexpectedly moved away

to the distant stars…..

 

 

YIOULA IOANNOU 

PATSALIDOU HADJIELIA

 

YIOULA IOANNOU PATSALIDOU HADJIELIA was born and raised in Avgorou Famaqusta Cyprus. She pursued studies in photography and French language and civilization in France. She has participated in performances of a music –dance group and also, she created a radio show at a local private radio station. She published five collections of short stories, fairytales and poems. She has participated in many international anthologies. She is the organizer of the poetical events supporting the peace in the world, of the international organization  ‘’ 100TPC’’ in Cyprus. She was awarded many times abroad.


No comments :

Post a Comment