Friday, April 1, 2022

LUISA DI FRANCESCO

 


    

On This Night

 

In the labyrinth of this night

where the worm of a drop

the absent rhythm insists

on the edge of the sink

and the stars out there

they give the light to the moon

and the gold in the sky satisfies the night

while a distant cry

infringes bounces in young laughter.

In the labyrinth of this night

unroll the wire of the pledge of love

that I offered you, like a new Arianna

because from that tangle of pain

found the way to the opening of the day

and brought that clew backwards

until the dark in which they are - waiting.

On this night the labyrinth

it is impenetrable and enemy

the tangled skein guaranteed the exit

not the comfort of your hand, so loved.

And so between dripping and emptiness

acted regrets

and I leave

the trust placed in you

and myself in the folds

of a tortured fairytale.

In a maze of hope.

 

My First Is The Heart

 

My first love

my biggest pain

my only son

my only regret

my old nostalgia

my hand in yours

the kiss I gave you

my first time

the one I left behind

when I cheated

what I have lost

what is abandoned.

My first lie

the waiting and the torment

the bag that I have full

the shortage

and abundance

fear and sense

the sign and the dream

the first greeting

and the last goodbye.

 

In everything that shakes,

my first is The heart.

(from "My first is The heart", G.C.L. Edizioni, Italy)

 

I Am Afraid To Sleep

 

If sleep takes me

I don't know where I will go.

It will take me

in lakes

that mirror mountains

in the maelstrom

of a torrent

that closes his throat

to the murmur of branches

kneel

at Its feet.

Or maybe it will take me

up there

between baths of light

in the dark window

overlooked by the moon

when she forgets about herself

moves away from the course

and wide approaches.

I am afraid to sleep

and not to find peace

to pain

to the forehead

to the fold

that stops the smile.

I am afraid to sleep

to dream

of losing

to get lost

 

and not wanting to return.  (from "My first is The heart", G.C.L. Edizioni, Italy)

 

LUISA DI FRANCESCO

 

LUISA DI FRANCESCO: Born in Taranto in 1960, bachelor’s degree in pedagogy, teacher of literary subjects since 1983, she retired in September 2021. She is an academic and provincial representative for the "Art and Culture" Taranto Academy (SA); she is also an academic for the ALBAP-Academia Luso Brasileira de Artes e Poesias association. (Brazil); ordinary member of the Alfieri Academy of Florence, member of the Academy of Bronzes of Catanzaro and member of the Quia Association of Cerveteri. Since she was a child, she has shown a keen interest in reading: from fictional texts for children to the great Authors of the nineteenth and twentieth century literary scene. A lover of literature, poetry and art in all its forms, she writes stories and poetic texts entrusting the motions of her soul to the "sign". "Writing”, as she says, "is an irrepressible need, a vital need, a lifeline and a key to knowledge and emotional interpretation of reality". She  published three syllogs: “Grammi di vero”, VJ Edizioni, 2020; “Pandora's box”, Pegasus Edition - March 2021; "My first is the heart". G.C.L. Publisher, December 2021. With the unpublished collection “Pandora's box” she won the International Award “Montefiore 2020” and the “Le parole di Lavinia 2021” Award for the published Poetry section, organized by the CSFI of Pomezia (RM). With the same collection she classified in 1st place ex-equo book published by Poetry at the "Le Pieridi" 2021 Award, promoted by the A. C. Achernar di Policoro (MT) and in 2nd place at the National Award "Raffaele Carrieri" 2021, promoted by the A. C. "La Masseria" of Taranto. She won overall the Fiction published at the “Le parole di Lavinia 2020” Award, with the story: “It's normal”. The collection, entitled "My first is The heart", G.C.L. Edizioni, December 2021, is composed of 80 poems.  It includes many compositions that received first place classifications, merit mentions and critical acknowledgments in National and International literary competitions. Her works have been reviewed in literary magazines, information newspapers and by cultural associations with flattering appreciations. Many of her poems have been published in dedicated anthologies.


No comments :

Post a Comment