Saturday, July 1, 2023

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 


Offer And Sacrifice

 

What do you want to give you

to hand over this planet to us?

 

I turned two stars to look

in their sparkles your eyes

I looked for two asteroids to listen

in their sound your sweet voice

I looked for a black hole to get lost

in your tender embrace

 

What will you offer us as a sacrifice?

 

Take my knees

I can’t stand other bows

Take my face

I can no longer stand the grimaces

of fear and loneliness

Take the light years I went through

in the eternal night

Just don’t take my soul

I need it to count me

the pulses of my weakened desires

 

Magical Afternoon

                 

Summer games of sadness,

holy water in the mausoleums of memories,

invisible kisses handed over

in dream killer wind

We tied in tomorrow's raft

the entrapped dreams of our deepest skies

Flaming planets

spent the waters of our love

In the evenings we wreak around in space

We were hiding in the arms of silence,

rising up high he torches of desire and purification

We were handed over to the most planetary ecstasy!

We resorted to celestial temples of visions

 We have taken our footsteps to the storm of time,

looking to paint the eyes of our love,

adorned with comets and exploding stars

We traveled our in love cravings to infinity

We chanted and flirting

with the sounds of the vespers harp

We got up in our hands

the riddles of upcoming days,

the perfumes of an enchanted afternoon

wrapped in the cloak of our love affairs.

 

The Kiss

 

Dreams are blown by a treacherous wind of Summer

who descends from the heavenly dome uninvited

The old mountain fades

standing in front of me

weathered by time

He crouches every night inside my mind,

filling it with disobedient habits

and tired urges

Newborn beasts spring forth

inside the cold cortex of my brain

They crawl helplessly with cripples

two of their four legs

They flow to the delta of my desires

Then they dive in head first

in the sea of the unrealized,

extinguishing flames that were forgotten,

biting their lips which tried

to kiss me with the “Judas' kiss,

without allowing harmonization

of their last flashes with my soul

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS is a poet, writer and scholar of religions. He was born in Thessaloniki, where he graduated from the Theological School of the Aristotle University. He holds a Master's Degree from the Theological School with a specialization in Religious Studies. It has also been included in the "Great Encyclopedia of Mondern Greek Literature" of Haris Patsi publications and in the Who's Who of journalists. He has been honored with many national and international awards for his poems.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment