Saturday, July 1, 2023

JADRANKA BJEDOV

 


Voice At Daybreak

 

A tiny voice

From the shell

I hear

Don ' t close

I am here

Your voice

From time

Immemorial

I ' m coming back

From timeless space

Don ' t close

I am here

Better

You will hear

When I strongly

Touch your ear

From timeless space

I am flying back

When the day

Breaks

 

No Walls Any More

 

No walls has my room

Any more

With the window

In the middle

The building is here

Made of thoughts

Instead of walls

And the table

And the bed

And the pictures

And the silent hour

In this place

Without walls

Mother Mary

Above my head

With little Christ

In her arms

Good has also

Been here before

But at this very moment

I can hear His presence

Since there are no walls

Any more

 

One Soul

 

Once upon a time

In the period

Of no time

You and me

Used to be

One

It struck my mind

The very moment

I heard your soul

Singing out of mine

Hasn ' t it shouted yet?

Fly over

All this time

Of ours

Get back

To the hours

Before any time

Clearly, you will hear

Out of one

Throat

You and me

Used to sing

Both

 

A Traitor

 

A traitor

From the left hand

Corner

Up to the throat

Jumped

And threatened

The entrance

Made of teeth

He would pass through

Before

It started getting light

I prayed to God

To trick the traitor

By putting him

To sleep

' Cause

I didn't want them

To know that

With a heavy travelling bag

To the port of destination

I had come at a bad time

That nobody

Had been able of

Waiting for me

Yet

 

A Woman Who Embroiders Dreams

 

Day

Turns into

Night

Turns into

Light

My dream

I wear on me

Like a dress

Both heavy and

Bodiless

I am to myself

Burdened

With a dream dress

Moving it

From night

Into light

And that's how

A woman who

Embroiders dreams

I become

Here and there

At the same time

Present and absent

At the same moment

Between life and dreams

Who knows

Where the

Border crossing

Is

 

JADRANKA BJEDOV

 


No comments :

Post a Comment