Saturday, July 1, 2023

PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK

 


The Moon Didn’t Peep In

 

Why didn’t the moon peep in?

I was all alone sitting in the darkness.

The dark sky with dark clouds.

Lights flickering in the high-rises.

 

Why didn’t the moon peep in?

In that overwhelming darkness

A glitter of the moon would be welcome.

The light would lighten up my heart.

 

Why didn’t the moon peep in?

Stark darkness all around.

The grey clouds floating about.

Oh moon! Why didn’t you swirl your magic light?

 

When I Met The Clouds

 

I looked out of the window; the plane was on the runway.

An announcement happened,” Cabin crew to be seated for take-off”.

I straightened my seat and put on my seat belt.

The plane took up speed, rushed on the runway.

Gathered momentum and suddenly took off.

Up, up in the air we flew, soaring higher and higher.

Leaving behind the tall skyscrapers,

Leaving behind the bridges and towers.

 

I looked out of the window; layers of clouds hid the city.

I saw its glimpse and suddenly it was again hidden by the clouds.

Clouds engulfed us from all sides, puffy white clouds all around.

Cutting off everything from our view.

Into the kingdom of clouds we entered.

The pristine white clouds with streaks of the blue sky.

The cerulean blue nurtured the clouds in its lap.

The clouds peacefully floated by.

 

I looked out of the window; clouds of different shapes I saw.

The bright sun was scattering light in the sky.

Cotton ball like fluffy clouds gathered together.

Clouds, clouds and clouds were sailing about.

Giving me immense happiness and joy.

The glow and light of the clouds.

The clouds had called me for long.

So here I was with my cloud song.

 

In The Morn

 

In the morn, the lilies bloom.

In the morn, the sunshine washes away all gloom.

In the morn, the birds chirp.

In the morn, all are awake and up.

In the morn, the China doll flowers in the bushes dance.

In the morn, the squirrels jump and prance.

In the morn, all is quiet.

In the morn, everywhere there is light.

In the morn, fly the dove.

In the morn, nature enwraps you in love.

 

PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK

 

Dr. PARAMITA MUKHERJEE MULLICK is a scientist, a poet, an organiser and an editor.  Her tenth book is to be released soon. Her poems have been translated into 40 languages and have been widely published in Indian and international journals. Paramita has been blessed with numerous awards for poetry and she also promotes peace, multilingual, global and indigenous poetry. She is the initiator and President of the Mumbai Chapter of the Intercultural Poetry and Performance Library (IPPL) and the Cultural Convenor and Literary Coordinator (West India) of the International Society for Intercultural Studies and Research (ISISAR).


No comments :

Post a Comment