Saturday, July 1, 2023

SELMA KOPIĆ

 


You Gave Me

 

You gave me wings

for the sky without borders,

power to demolish walls

and skipping barbed wires.

You gave a non-destructive glow

to my eyes

and a smile

that doesn't come off my face.

You gave me the courage

to open without hidden drawers.

You also gave me a two-faced ring

to see the bright sun

and the dark side of the moon.

And left.

My life without you is

incomplete puzzle,

an unfinished sentence

with lots of questionnaires,

exclamation points

and dots.

 

We Have Each Other

 

As the river has the sea

and the birds have the sky,

just as the earth is watered by rain

and the flower feeds the butterfly,..

as the stars have the moon,

we have each other.

Together in joy,

together in pain,

in our love embraced forever.

You are the breath I breathe,

you are the sun of my morning.

I love you now more than ever!

Mature love is like ripe grapes

you can't get enough of it,

shows in all shapes.

That's why it's never boring,

and so it is, it is so sweet!

 

They'll Steal You

 

The sun creates comfort to you

with its warmth

while your soul rests on the beach.

I'm jealous of all the eyes

that look at you with lust.

I'm jealous of the sand

that got between your fingers.

The wave shamelessly

touches your skin everywhere.

With my shadow

I'll shield the sun

from falling on your face.

With hot kisses

I'll pick up all the drops

from your body.

From my hands

I'll make a bed

in which you will

always be able to find peace.

 

I'm jealous of everything,

eyes, sun, waves, sand,

other people's eyes ...

Someone will steal you from me,

I'm afraid,

and I can't help myself!

Oh, I love you so much, so much!

Let the only thing that warms you

be my breath,

Let the only thing that caresses you

be my touch.

 

SELMA KOPIĆ

 

SELMA KOPIĆ is a professor of Bosnian language and literature, born in 1962 in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina. She is the author of two textbooks and one workbook for primary school. She has worked and is working as a coach, reviewer, proofreader ... Her stories and poems have been awarded and entered anthologies in BiH and around the world.


No comments :

Post a Comment