Saturday, July 1, 2023

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

 


Memories!

 

I used to listen to your words talking about our future

Smiling and knowing that we will remember these conversations together one day.

You used to count the number of children we will have

Their names and the colour of their eyes

You used to say that the first born will be a girl

That she will resemble you in every way,

From your green eyes

To your soft blonde hair

And above all, she will be just like you, a sweet piece of sugar with a heart full of love.

When i was listening to our memories together

A tear fell on my cheeks

It wet my lips and neck

And my lips quivered and trembled with heartache.

I wished I threw myself in your arms at that time

Instead of listening to your dreams.

I wished I emptied all my love with a big hug,

But I didn’t

And I didn’t express my wishes like you did.

And After every conversation

We had a memory

A bridge to the past

A bridge to the present

And a bridge to the unknown future!

 

Imagination!!

 

I almost cried in the face of loneliness at the end of the night

But I let out my anger as others do

I threw several cups

I broke a glass table

And I fell into the lap of silence.

A gloomy silence enveloped me

After I swore at my bad luck with seventy insults

I looked at my palm

Maybe I can find a line indicating hope in the near future.

I was so angry, I couldn’t see

I only saw broken pieces of glass scattered and covered in red blood.

I did not see a tomorrow

Nor a way, nor a door to the future.

I walked slowly towards my bed

Drinking alcohol and shaking my head to wake up from this awful reality.

I looked at a picture that was looking at me mockingly

I imitated it, it didn’t move

I felt that it confirms our stumble in parting,

And it confirms that I am still counting on a future that I only see in my imagination.

 

Heart.. And Hope!

 

All the ways I searched to be completed with you ,

Needed long patience and na exerted effort!

The road of ascent and descent was not fun,

Not even the access crossing.

Time was causing trouble

So that I will lose the bet,

And it can feed its dramatic scenarios.

Then you find yourself almost at the end

You find your feet slipping into na abyss

But your heart rises and rises

Your heart does not stop

It jumps a step or two

It sees a green meadow in front of it

So it runs, as if its feet can’t contain the space,

It runs breathless

Carrying a strange calm

It runs, racing space and time

Racing its own senses to forget all the years of oppression abd waiting.

And some amazement

His reflections, his running, his ambition and his silence fall down!

And his heat remains the only one not defeated by all the thresholds he crashed into!!

 

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

 

TAGHRID BOU MERHI: She is a Lebanese poetess, writer, and translator living in Brazil. She holds a Law degree and is ambassador of the team “International Cultural Salon Association” and ambassador of Brazil in the American P.L.O.T.S. Magazine and ambassador of Lebanon in the Association of the World Union of Writers and Artists UMEA Portugal. Member of prestigious platform Of WWWU World Nations Writers’ Union Kazakhstan. She is an advisor to the countries Al-Sham literary platform for literary translation. Brand Ambassador from Brazil for Moncheri Escapes - a leading travel agency in India. She won the Nizar Sartawi International Translator Award for Creativity 2021 in the field of translation and literature. She won the 2nd Annual Zhengxin International Poet Award 2022.She hon received the World Prize Prestigious "RAHIM KARIM WORLD PRIZE". She has received the recognition from Greece Delphi (Elaiko Bpabeio), where the celebration of Peace. Editor of Al-Arabe Today, Rainbow, Literária Agharid, Al-Nil Walfurat, Literária and Allaylak Magazine. Fluent in Arabic (native language), French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. Her poems have been published in numerous international anthologies،various Literary magazines, journals and websites. Her poems have been translated into more than 30 languages. Author of 10 books.


No comments :

Post a Comment