Saturday, July 1, 2023

ANIL KUMAR PANDA

 


Meet Me When

 

Meet me when the zephyr of the

Spring comes blowing from the east

When the rolling hills drop into the

Verdant lap of the dale bounty of mist

 

Meet me when the sweet aromas of

The spring hangs in the air and flow

Towards the cluster of huts where to

The songs of the watchful shepherd go

 

Meet me when the early birds rush 

To the valleys to roll on the grasses

When sitting on the stairs the pretty

Maidens comb their flowing tresses

 

Meet me when you feel to kiss me

When the spring arrives whistling

To my countryside and the stream

Runs towards the silent grove trilling

 

I See The Rainbow

 

I see the rainbow extending

In the sky from horizon to horizon

Shedding its colours after rain

Stops and behind the thin clouds

Slowly comes out the mild sun

 

I see the beautiful rainbow

Large enough to cover the vast sky

I watch flocks of birds rushing

To touch it as the cool wind begins to

Blow making the trees swoon and sigh

 

After Spring

 

It is long time

The wind has gone

Leaving its scented trail

 

The cuckoo has stopped

Singing amidst shade of green

And perched on the mountain top

 

The tall grasses no more

Give shelter to the restive butterflies

And dew drops have vanished

 

Birds have folded their wings

And sit in silence inside their nests

 

It is time for the sun to pour

Through lazy fronds and burn the roots

In the sweltering noon

 

ANIL KUMAR PANDA


No comments :

Post a Comment