Saturday, July 1, 2023

YIOULA IOANNOU PATSALIDOU

 


Spring Rose

dedicated from him to her.

 

How this spring rose resembles you!

Exactly like you

the day I tasted your first kiss.

And your loosened hair waved

amid the Mistral's caresses

beneath the sunset that spread across the plain!

And spring scented the banks of the streams!

And your quivering body

scented your palms, perspiring with happiness!

And love climaxed in the petals

of spring rose

through the magic touch of a hymenopter bee.

and spring climaxed in your embrace!

How this proud rose resembles you!

Exactly like you, exactly like me

when, we loved each other and revived!

 

Lie To Me

 

Lie to me again to comfort me

I no longer want to live

with the truth and the news

Lie to me again to send me to sleep

And to dream of faraway worlds

worlds of justice, humanity and peace

that you only come across

 on the streets of your dreams

Lie to me again comforting praise

of people and nations drawing in blood

 

Two Teardrops

 

I plan to get rid of my pink handkerchief

I suffer and fight to do it for years

but I 've been hurt and regretted

each time I threw it in dustbin

and I tried to gather any fray again.

 

The most precious amulet from you and I pray.

Two teardrops sleeping like babies twins.

The recruitment’s the parting's the disaster's tears

they are anxious and waiting

like orphans waiting encore

the day they will see their parents once more.

 

You were stolen from me

by a dark cloud at a bad time.

By the war's stormy and rainy calamity

As Penelope on my empty mattress

I embroider for years my loneliness.

 

YIOULA IOANNOU PATSALIDOU

 

YIOULA IOANNOU PATSALIDOU descent from the historical family of IOANNIS GONEMI. She was born and raised in Avgorou Famaqusta Cyprus. She studied French language and civilization in France and also photography. She worked in the tourist industry while having her own show on local radio. She also has been a member of a traditional dance group. She has been writing literature since eleven years old. She published five collections of short stories, poems and fairytales. She participated in many internationals anthologies and festivals and she was awarded abroad many times She is the organizer of the peace events in her country of the American organization 100.000 poets for change..with her work criticizes the corruption in her country and the lack of democracy and freedom in her homeland wich she has always been angry about since she was a teenager.


No comments :

Post a Comment