Wednesday, February 1, 2023

VLADO POPOVSKI

 


Morrnings Without You

 

I don't like mornings without you, Emma.

Our separations are now only

tired memories.

And I wanted to tell you

for love older

from the sea

and for the smell of the south wind

in which I recognized you

when she was leaving

without trepidation

without a word

no goodbye...

That's who you are, Emma.

The world was never enough for you

And when I brought you a piece of heaven

you cried, Emma.

Now, between us is left

only the silence in color

exposed by the brush

of the street artist.

That's who you are, Emma

When you burned the clouds,

when the dream turned into a nightmare,

the bird in me was forgetting to fly

as you unlocked the past

long forgotten.

And I wished

let the moment last forever

in which you kissed me,

the blue night,

in the courtyard of the old church.

It's dark these days, Emma.

And I'm writing to you,

I write to you in the early mornings

when you walk in front of me

like a nebula

over the waking ocean

tired of our separations.

And now,

when you're far from me

when i wake up with the song

of the blue angels

know, I keep it in my heart

two birds in rapture

from love

under the soft feathers.

I don't like mornings without you, Emma.

 

Don’t Fall Asleep

 

Stay awake tonight.

Don't fall asleep.

And keep silent.

Under the yellow sadness

of the month

two tears spawn

they are hiding.

As a wretch born

in the midst of leafy sadness

in no age

I will come to you

and your look will

I caress him.

But does that matter now?

You will surely fall asleep.

I will drink all the wine,

I will make the stars drunk

I will break the glasses.

But does that matter now?

The moon will dance

with a tiny step

like an old man

counting the days

already passed.

Your eyes made of glass, happiness and beauty

they will shine in the desolate night

and me,

and I will kiss you dead drunk.

And I'll cry, and I'll laugh,

tears will fall

like pearls

that shine in the lake

without waves.

And me,

I will kiss you dead drunk.

And I will leave.

And you,

you stayed up tonight.

Don't fall asleep.

And don’t speak.

 

Separation

 

The sea is rough again tonight

The night stalks me with false stories

in the dream

And I'm only awake when you sleep

like a star without an alarm clock

My ship is sailing on unknown waters

with hidden breezes

I turn the tide and rush to your shore

to anchor

A gentle storm tames my sails and won't let me go

I still do not calm this restless sea

with a wedding kiss at low tide

Ah, love, there is no more wind or tide when I wait for you

with the calmness of a blue fish

You splash me with every wave

like a ghost -

like a vanishing illusion

And I cry every time you leave.

***

The sea is rough again tonight

In the cry of the seagull lies all crouched

my restlessness

And I'm only free when you sail

like a ship without a mast

In the glare of lightning its secrets

you hide them, in the windless sea

The night weaves black threads and captures my dreams

in which I grow old

like dead leaves that fall off

in late autumn.

At dawn the moon descends with my ship

immersed in it, like a lonely lover.

A bird of heaven screams painfully above yours

abandoned ship and flies away.

Ah, love, there is no more joy, no more light when I wait for you

with the calmness of a blue fish.

You splash me with every wave

like a ghost -

like a vanishing illusion

And I cry every time you leave.

 

VLADO POPOVSKI


VLADO POPOVSKi is a Doctor of Economic Sciences by profession. He was a member of several cultural and artistic societies, participated in musical performances with 'Octet Makedonija' and the group 'Sirma' in the country and abroad. He has received awards and diplomas at poetry literary contests and events in the country: 'Podpelisterski whispers' - Takec Foundation; 2021 'Gocevi Vidici' - Golden plaque; 2021 The International Literary Event 'William Shakespeare' 2021, the most prestigious prize for poetic work; 'Literary sparks' 2021 of the eighth edition - First prize. The love for the arts, and especially for poetry, has always been an essential part of his life, he has been creating for more than a decade, and his poetic outburst culminated precisely in 2021. His long-standing wish is about to be realized with the active preparation of his first poetry collection.

No comments :

Post a Comment