Wednesday, February 1, 2023

LEYLÂ ASLAN

 


Free

 

Yes, I am free

I can do what I’d like do

Be who I liked to be 

I am free

Can look around

and listen unexpected sound

Oh yes, I can fly around

With dark navy mountain`s bright

grey arms all around

My tail sparkles with

golden reflection of the sun

Stop! stop! my thoughts

I am remembering

something that I don’t want

I am going to try to finish my Nun

Plus, sun is all around.

2000.

 

Time

 

This particular time is continuing to represent the time

With so many selves within the time

From higher government agencies with their highly descriptive profiles in front of the time

This is the time!

But I am lucky I have realised my own space on my own time

Ricardo Muti playing

“Uf dem anger!”

Nature is talking with high key on the Symphony

Time on its own time

Let’s go to that particular time and the play at world theatre of the time

On Arcola Street number one

Day 1

Talking about immigrants, it’s my turn and my time

I am called: Leylâ night foul times, day rise other times

Alevi acceptance of all

Kurdish one

Turkish one

Seventy-two languages and seventy-two believes

Called “Devil’s advocate” time to times

I have been in this play long enough to be witness this particular time

Aliens and Alienist in this Monarchic times have been written

Current in this particular time

[long time

These times have been created at the world theatre

Heritage by so many players before the time

“It was Anniversary of convention, remember last time.”

Oh dear I am receiving some vibes!

But I should hang on to my action at the time

Let me try to take you through the feelings of self’s

Facing self selves enforced at the time

Vibes are listening now!

Whispers are growing with my multiple roles,

I am the voice!

With the reflection of the cases coming and going

Dominating these issues quite long time

 

“Acknowledgment of the self-status would come with the acknowledgment of the time.”

“To be just to yourself be just to time.”

Look every one!

Every one drinks blood globally in front of our time

Day one has gave birth to another day one

I have played my role by answering the voices this particular

Now it’s your time.

2002

 

Become

I have become love

Then I have become heart within eye with the tear and fear

I have become question with the answer

I have become rain with frost within forest

Then a little dear

I have become ruthless within the rain shameless as a fear.

1997.

 

LEYLÂ ASLAN

 

LEYLÂ ASLAN is a Kurdish- and Turkish-speaking Bektashi Darvish-poet and saz (lute) player. Leylâ was born in 1963 in Sivas / Kangal / Topardıç village. She immigrated to England / London in 1985 as a political refugee and carried out active work on human rights within community organizations. Between 1990-1997, Aslan, who was educated in the Social Research / Science Department of North London University, conducted research on Refugee and Community Psychology, Religion and Culture, and the Place of Women in Society. In the first half of the 1990s, she worked with Independent Women's Collective and took part in the construction of the Pirsultan Abdal Sivas Martyrs Monument in Hackney. Her first book in Kurdish, Turkish and English, ‘Me Within Me’, was published in 2015. ‘Journeys in Your Own Mirror’, which is part of the ‘Me Within Me’ file, was published within the scope of Refugee Studies between 2000-2004.In 2014, in the British Poets Anthology - Poet's Poetry [Kadim Lacin], which featured 34 poets, [She was printed second time] she took place. Her second book, ‘One Way Love’, poetry, and her third book ‘Dervish’s Journey in to Self-Mirror’ are her collective English poetry. She took part in social and community organizations, Social Services, local and regional festivals with her music [saz] and poetry works. Throughout her work Leylâ has used performance art and a humanist approach to develop user-led initiatives that encourage self and community healing. As well as her work with refugees she has also led workshops on mental and sexual health, substance misuse and domestic violence. Between 1997 and 2018, she established the Forbidden Cultures Art Project, Collective Art, Kurdish / Turkish Speaking Art Therapy Group, Anatolian Art. She lives in London.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment