Wednesday, November 1, 2017

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

 LIFE'S REAL SIDE

Mother Nature calls me, sings to me even
To shed off the negativity abounding in my whole being
To open my eyes
And to smile at her beauty!

But, life's looming dragon hovers over my sight
Blocking from my vision, nature's scenery

How can I forget that fire spitting dragon
Aiming solely to curse the human souls
With diseases, with poverty, with death,
With treachery, with evil intents,
With the imposition of living in a world
Where Uncertainty reigns
So sure about its own existence
So like a mighty and cruel king?

Pray, best it is to turn a blind eye to Mother Nature
Best it is to try to tame the dragon of life
So as to have its mood all soft and content
While hoping that it would throw glittery dust on me
Instead of its soul destroying fire!






DRIVEN

Feminine yearnings tug at my heart,
Wake up my soul and inflame my desires!

Feminine yearnings, triggered by the skies,
Prick through my skin and touch the very core of my bones
Like arrows sent from the guardians of Love!

Pray, feminine yearnings, make of me
A being so easily conquered, so easily duped
So easily trampled on and so easily broken!

Still, the guardians of Love, driven by the mechanisms of Life,
Pour upon my shelter seeking self,
More and more arrows
Bidding me to lose control of my whole self
Bidding me to wear on my face, the mask of broodiness
Bidding me to see my whole existence, as gloomy and dull!

Feminine yearnings have struck my whole essence
Am I to live with them
Hoping to end not on a boat in a raging sea
Nor on a hijacked plane
Nor stranded on a deserted island,
Having lost all means of survival
Having lost all hope of life
Having lost all reason to dream!

Why, feminine yearnings inhabit me
And I can help not but let these control me
Grabbing the tip of my nose, they lead the way
While, I, catching on their flair,
Walk forth,
Driven, compelled, unable to stand still!

Feminine yearnings
The very essence of my life!







IMPATIENCE

The clock ticks by so slowly
A languorous tic and tac-ing
Bidding me to sway my pulpy hips
According to its steady beats
While biting my lip nervously!

Pray, life, so like a travelling foreigner
Visiting my home country
Walks on its way in slow steps,
Stopping to admire the scenery now and again
While, I, a being made of mystery
Unable to adjust to life's pace
Can help it not;
Impatience drives me
Impatience to see where life will take me
Impatience to know, what next!

But I can help it not
Life and its stakeholders, take their sweet time
And I,
Can only close my eyes
Let the clock's beats fill me up
And sway my hips
As life gradually walks on!

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, In Between Hangovers Press, WISH Press, Tuck’s Magazine, Blue Mountain Review, among others.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in two anthologies for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests

No comments :

Post a Comment