Thursday, March 1, 2018

STACIA LYNN REYNOLDS



STACIA LYNN REYNOLDS

A WINTER WALK

The Footsteps
Heard,
In the crisp snow-covered path.
Seen,
From the glimpses over their shoulders,
From where they had been.

The Trees
Barren,
Though beautifully covered-
With crystals of white- icy flakes
Beholding a resemblance of
Performing snow dancers
Surrounding the snow queen.

The Houses
Wear caps of white
With the rising of smoke streams
From the chimney,
Like grandfather nestled
In front of the fire with his pipe.
A warm protection
For the inhabitants,
Like the winter garments
Defending the cold on the journey…

The Journey
Of excitement.
A child’s promise;
Whose footprints are scattered
By skipping- jumping
Imprints of joy.
Alongside the steps
Of stability and pride.

The Winter Walk
Engraves memories within their minds
Providing generational reflection
Of family
Of friends
Of love.

©Stacia Lynn





KEEPER OF MY HEART

Nestled within; a babe in mother’s womb,
You knew me
Heart growing; beating with time,
You knew me
Rhythms of grace; developed perception,
You knew me
Planning destiny; before my first breath,
You knew me
My first cry; You smile, a Father’s pride,
You knew me
My first steps; Guided by your protective hands,
You guided me
Into unsettled steps; adolescent restlessness,
You guided me
Soul struggles; within inner torments raged,
You held my heart
Inner cries; lifted up to The Most High,
You held my heart
Hands raised; unworthy in Your presence,
You held my heart
Full of love; Your grace healed my inner darkness,
You held my heart
Running the race; throughout the years, in faith,
You hold my heart
Speaking Your truth; Your Word in soul and hand,
You hold my heart
Grace and love; reaches others, from within,
You touch their hearts
With raised hands; unworthy of Your grace,
You hold their hearts
Forever, throughout eternity,
You hold our hearts

©StaciaLynn





THE CHARITY TREE
(The Seed of Love)

A tiny seed was planted,
Watered; Given warmth
The brightest rays shone upon,
From the azure skies.

Nestled n’ protected tight
Embraced surroundings;
Was given life from the rains,
And dews of morn’s dawn.

May, drew it up; tall and strong
Within warming ground;
Transforming, development
Apparent, its form.

Perception, senses the scene
Its surrounding’s grasped;
To the inner strength it holds
Nurturing love shown.

The seed reaps what has been sown,
Due nurturing phase;
Charity branches reach forth
Blessing with its grace.

Its leaves are like no other
No gold, yellow, greens,
But the color of a heart;
Ruby red is seen.

Joyfully drops on each soul
Charity given;
Throughout its lifetime cycle
Sustenance bestowed.

Now known as, the tree of love
Whose branches stretch forth;
Gracing all with charity
Those yearning for love.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails…”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a ~

©StaciaLynn

STACIA LYNN REYNOLDS


2 comments :