Monday, April 1, 2019

GINGER COCHRAN



GINGER COCHRAN

STRANGE LANGUAGE

I am creating lines tonight. Squiggly and curvy lines.

Stains of paint. blasts of color.

I am laying them out and trying to decipher.

What is this language?
I speak it but I don’t hear it.
I feel it but I don’t comprehend it.


What am I doing?







I WANT TO GO

I want to go to a land that is bright
I want to go to a land that is safe
I want to go to a land that is free

I want to go to a home that is loving
I want to go to a home that is warm
I want to go to a home that is free

I want to go to a mountain that is bold
I want to go to a mountain that is brilliant
I want to go to a mountain that is free

I want to go to a valley that is awesome
I want to go to a valley that is fertile
I want to go to a valley that is free

I want to go far and wide
I want to go wild and proud
But I’ll go to my own heart….
The only place that is free.







MY TEMPORARY EXISTENCE

My reflection seems ghostly and hollow
Through the window of the room.
My memories are shadows,
But there’s no impending doom.

The rain tricks my mind
Gentle drops are amplified.
I then remember my life
And all the things I tried.

I smile at the grass and simple things
The quiet hum of the sky.
I laugh over all the struggles
That’ll happen when you die.

I tread through the mist
And meet those of the past
I remember less of turmoil
And only peace at last.

I now know what was right
And finally, what was true
That I was thankful everyday
I had my family and you.

This life had meaning
This lesson was taught
The dream was worth it
Every goal I had sought.

Now I live forever
Forgetting those who lied
I’ll continue on and on
My forever existence now to abide.

GINGER COCHRAN

GINGER COCHRAN is an artist and emerging poet, residing in Denton Texas. She is currently working on her first poetry collection, Doorways, to be published in 2019. To read more of her prose, visit www.selflabeled.blogspot.com. To view her art work, please visit www.gingercochranart.com. She is also the founder and director of Envision Arts, a premier contemporary & fine art collective, and editor for Envision Arts Magazine. To learn more please visit www.envisionartshow.com.


No comments :

Post a Comment