Monday, April 1, 2019

LEYLA IŞIK



LEYLA IŞIK

FROM MY LIPS TO MY TOES

The blaze of the evening on the windows. . .
When you took me into your arms with passion
My hands used to behave childishly in your hands,
And all the stars in the sky
Used to come down into my eyes. . .
In those nights we breathlessly experienced,
The moonlight
Used to hold on to the hair of the curtains.
You were fireflies coming down with their torches
From my lips. . . to my toes. . .
As if mountains have bent over their foot slopes
And kissed wild flowers. . .
You were
The most beautiful hours of the day.
LEYLA IŞIK






TO SHARE WITH YOU

I want to run
In the country side like idle free mares,
And to brim over as the last drop that fills the tumbler.
I want to climb the highest hill,
And turn my back on the city,
And shout to my heart's content
Towards the rising sun.
I want to be like water drops,
And cut loose from all pressures,
And break the cage.
I want to say hello
To grief and unending longings,
And console myself in your arms every night,
And share
The most beautiful feelings with you.
Leyla IŞIK






SİNCE YOU DID NOT COME

I tirelessly waited for you on this beach every evening
The clouds soaringly left the welkin
The oleanders wilted and their pinks felt sad
The corners of my heart remained desolate
Since you did not come…

Without you the sea became turbulent, and the waves got foamed out of their grief
The darkness angrily spreaded its skirt and covered everywhere
Feeling tired, the seagulls in the sky do not want to fly
The sea, the beach and my loving heart are all sad,
Since you did not come...

The winds are sighing, it's the sad evening descending
The lights that go down to the sea are un amusedly sparkling
The flowers are faded, the leaves fell off the weeping willow
The blues and the greens are all offended by you
Since you did not come...

TRANSLATER  BY BAKI YIĞIT

LEYLA IŞIK


No comments :

Post a Comment