Friday, September 1, 2023

EWITH BAHAR

 


Somebody In The Mirror

 

In the mirror I see somebody

A strange traveller who always observed me

With her piercing eyes

Her words from the deepest abyss

Shaking me to the core

 

Somebody in the mirror

Shut my eyes and open my head

I studied her visage that I know well

I know well every inch

I respect her rule and obey her every cold command

We fight sometimes in several ways

I, with my selfishness

She, with her sagaciousness

 

She, who dwells in me

And I who sink in her ocean

We fight, we cry, we laugh

Forever we will never part.

 

A Fluffy Blanket Of Romanticism

 

Your arms are my world

The most beautiful place where I reside my heart

Make my dreams

during a peaceful sleep there, so heartening

 

Since I met you, I feel rich

For having your heart, a precious diamond

With that loving heart

Your eyes only recognize a beauty

I am beautiful

My voice is beautiful

My eyes are beautiful

everything in me is so divine

 

once in a while we’re separated by our differences

but within minutes we’re reunited

and the love being more touching and celestial

after our distant longing for each other

 

our love is silent and tranquil

but like a powerful wall within

protecting from storm of pain

and leave us in a fluffy blanket of romanticism.

 

Destiny

 

We’re once just strangers

Until time dragged us to meet

A miraculous day which changed our world

 

You trapped me in your deep eyes

At the first sight

I became a prisoner who don’t want to be free

 

Our love, like a bright circle

Unavoidably brings us back

Every time we’re in quarrel and parted

 

Disagreement and difference of opinion

just peppering our life

to make it tastier

and we may say it's a beautifier

it won't be separating us

because we’re tied and strengthened by destiny.

 

EWITH BAHAR

 

EWITH BAHAR is a multi-award-winning poet, novelist, translator and essayist from Indonesia, with a long-time career in radio and television industry, as script-writer, interviewer and anchor. Prior to joining RCTI (The biggest private TV station in Indonesia) in 2004, she previously was a host for several musical and cultural programs for TVRI (Indonesian government TV station). Ewith was one of TVRI’s announcers who was often sent to be master of ceremonies at presidential palace, ministries and embassies, conveyed in Indonesian or English. She has published eleven books, in all genres: poetry, novel, short stories, and essays. Her poems were published in many newspapers, journals and online medias, home and abroad. And also can be found in approximately 90 poetry anthologies in Indonesia and international level. She’s also editor for more than ten poetry anthologies since 2014. The recent ones, as co-editor for poetry book with hundreds of poets from five continents, World Contemporary Poets, and as editor-in-chief for World Poets’ Legacy, that gathered almost two hundreds international poets. Many of her poems have been translated into foreign languages, such as English, Spanish, Indian, Serbian, Armenian, Uzbek, Tajikistan, Bengali, Nepali, French, Italian, Arabian, Chinese, Catalan, Macedonian and Korean. One of her poetry books, Sonata Borobudur, got a prestigious prize from Indonesian National Library as The Best Five Indonesian Poetry Books 2019. As a literary activist, she joined many international literary associations and communities. She is a secretary general of Poetry and Literature World Vision; once appointed as a member of Organizing Committee of yearly Panorama International Literature Festival two years in a row, 2021 and 2022, organized by Writers Capital Foundation, as a prominent collaborative event between India and Italy. August 2021, she obtained an honor as a keynote speaker, conveyed virtually, in a K.M. Anthru International Literary Prize in India. She is now active in KaBi (Kanal Buku Indonesia – Indonesian Book Channel) and as a public speaker for creative writing, communications and bibliotherapy.


No comments :

Post a Comment