Sunday, September 1, 2024

ILDIJE XHEMALI

 



In The Paradise Of Winter

 

I felt just like a snowflake

in that immense, white cloak,

my gaze stared at that whiteness,

my footsteps left traces everywhere.

 

The trees wrapped in the white coat,

and the bench no longer felt lonely.

A rare chirping of a forgotten bird

arrived from somewhere.

 

Heaven and earth as never before

were at peace, receiving and giving

love. The silence was so deep, no

storms could be seen on the horizon.

 

I stood outside in a white landscape,

a warm feeling enveloped me.

All my emotions were awakening

As I experienced that rare beauty....

 

When The Verses Are Dedicated To Moms

 

When the verses

knock at the door of the soul

the poet radiates

so much light;

his eyes laugh,

but still, he finds no peace,

he is restless

like a girl

who, for the first time,

receives a proposal of love.

But when the verses

are dedicated to MOMS,

the sun shines brighter,

the moon looks beautiful,

the flowers are colorful.

The gods put the man on the throne

and time seems to stand still.

 

Love’s Portrait

 

The love inside me is a white

wave; with the foam of anger

it crashes violently against

my soul, leaving traces there.

 

 

It never leaves me alone, knocking

loudly in every hour of the night,

it shakes me with its tender arms,

it wakes me up, giving me emotion.

 

Translated Into English By Irma Kurti

 

ILDIJE XHEMALI

 

ILDIJE XHEMALI was born in April 1952 in the city of Lushnja in Albania. In 1973 she graduated from "Aleksandër Xhuvani" University in the department of Albanian Language and Literature. She worked as a teacher for 40 years in the cities of Lushnja and Elbasan. Ildije Xhemali has published seven books of poetry in Albanian language including "Flowers on Gray Hair," "The Petals of Soul," "In the Labyrinths of Life," "A Cloak of Love," etc.  Her poems are part of some anthologies published in Albania, Kosovo and Italy. Some of her poetries have also been translated into Italian and published in various journals and magazines.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment